Company: National Community Renaissance
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: April 4, 2021
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits
package! "Together, we transform lives and communities!" National
Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking a Staff Accountant to join
our Accounting team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit
affordable housing developers with over a 25-year track record in
community revitalization. We transform the economic and social
future of communities by building quality, affordable housing
combined with best practice social services to improve the
self-sufficiency of our residents. National Community Renaissance
C.O.R.E. Values: C OMMUNITY - Through our high-quality construction
and social services, we build great communities where our residents
and neighbors can thrive. O PTIMISM - We believe in the ability of
people to strive for better lives, and we help provide them with
the means to achieve their dreams. R ESPECT - We serve our
residents, partners, and employees with utmost respect. E XCELLENCE
- We strive for the highest standards in design, construction,
property management, and customer service. National Community
Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including,
medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance,
LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. About the Job:
The Staff Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller. Staff
Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of the general
accounting and financial reporting for 9-12 entities as assigned,
utilizing the Yardi System accounting software, Windows programs
such as Excel, and Word and special analyses projects. In lieu of
the number of entities assigned, the Staff Accountant may assist on
construction draws, Hope Accounting and/or special
projects/analysis, as assigned. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all transactions are properly recorded according to
current policies and procedures and consistent with other staff
- Ensure that month and year end closing and reporting packages
for their assigned entities are completed with accuracy and in a
- Maintain cash control for their assigned entities including
cash reporting/monitoring and monthly reconciliation of all bank
accounts and periodic reconciliation of other bank accounts.
- Be familiar with all of the terms of the legal agreements with
third parties regarding financial and compliance issues (debt and
tax) and the related deadlines, which must be met. Preparation of
special reports (e.g., residual receipts, etc.) and/or billings
required by management or third-party entities to ensure compliance
with reporting and debt covenants.
- Research and follow-up on all issues identified related to
assigned entity including coordination of meetings and
correspondences. Provides timely updates on status of outstanding
issues until resolution.
- Performance of review of financial and operating data regarding
- Coordinate with other staff accountants to ensure consistency
and efficiency in reporting and handling of processes. Also, assist
other team-mates as needed on other reporting and workload and
provides prompt communication of internal control and workload
concerns to immediate supervisor and dept. head.
- Interface with investment partners, outside entities, banking
institutions, etc. as needed relating to issues impacting the
- Preparation and updating of all audit schedules quarterly, and
providing any required assistance during the interim and final
- Participation in all company required educational and team
- Must adhere to the required work schedule established by the
company to promote efficient operations. Also, takes initiative and
works closely with direct management and other departments to
identify enhancements to processes, and assist in development of
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the
development of the team, which, from time to time, may include
overnight stay at locations away from the employee's home.
EXPERIENCE The Staff Accountant should have the following minimal
- A bachelor's degree in business, accounting/finance or
economics, +5 years strong experience in the various general ledger
areas including analysis, bank reconciliations, bank covenant
compliance and financial reporting. Real estate accounting
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Yardi
Systems experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Maintain high volume workload and able to handle multiple
- Be a strong team player with a good attitude and be able to
work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be able to perform minimally complex and repetitive tasks and
be able to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Operate computer and office equipment
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature National Community
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now with our
quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is your full
name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number
Type What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: National Community Renaissance, Rancho Cucamonga , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!