Director, Content Marketing
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: April 28, 2021
US-CA-Rancho CucamongaReq No. 2Category ManagementType
The OpportunityWe are seeking a talented Director, Content
Marketing to oversee the content marketing strategy and development
of all external branded content. Ensures CO-OP's content strategy
supports and aligns with the CMX Team strategy and goals, and is in
line with brand standards set by the VP, Marketing & Brand
Strategy. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and Brand
Strategy, the role requires a nimble and innovative thinker, adept
in all areas of content marketing/media and with knowledge of the
industry and CO-OP's product set in order to position the company
for future growth through our content strategy.What You Can Look
- Act as a supervisor to direct reports.
- Perform annual performance reviews.
- Interact on a daily basis to inform decisions and set strategic
direction based on each function.
- Display strong leadership skills in order to lead team to
success in achieving both marketing and company-wide goals.
- Responsible for ensuring Content Operations Specialist
understands the content strategy and how it supports CO-OP's
- Ensures Content Operations Specialist has the requisite
knowledge and resources to perform his/her job and provides
guidance for advancing his/her career.
- Oversees the use of external writers as a shared resources,
ensuring the quality of their work meets brand standards.
- Acts as 1st layer of approval on all external branded content.
CO-OP Content Editorial Leader
- Leads ongoing CO-OP content marketing strategy, working closely
with VP Marketing & Brand Strategy as well as other key
stakeholders to plan content editorial calendar in alignment with
company strategy and market trends.
- Creates, maintains, trains, and evangelizes content standards,
including but not limited to the corporate editorial style guide
and channel-specific guides, content models, editorial
- Aligns content marketing with product marketing/sales
enablement goals to properly story tell against broader brand
narrative and product release dates.
- Ensures CO-OP brand voice is maintained in written formats of
content/media. Serve as a brand steward for our written brand
- Creates metrics and measures strategy, partnering with data
team to measure content performance and gain insights to improve
strategy and engagement.
- Understands how content strategy drives engagement across
channels by persona and audience segment, and recommends shifts
based on engagement through ownership of content team reporting and
- Recommends strategy shifts based on the needs of the broader
CMX, Product and Sales organizations.
- Owns the social media strategy for CO-OP and THINK brands.
- Partners with the Communications Team on execution of owned and
paid media placements. What You'll Need to Succeed
- 7+ years of experience in a content-focused role for a B2B/SaaS
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup-like
- Strong experience managing integrated marketing and digital
- Background in content analytics/performance with knowledge of
Google Analytics, marketing automation systems (Pardot) and Sprout
- Knowledge of financial services and the credit union
- Advanced knowledge of CO-OP products and solutions.
- Adept in all areas of content marketing, including SEO
strategy, social media strategy, storytelling and editorial
- Ability to make quick, accurate decisions on a frequent basis,
remain flexible and able to react quickly to change.
- Collaborative in working with colleagues and vendors.
Exceptional collaborator and influencer - ability to engage with
multiple stakeholders (marketing leads, sales, merchant points of
contact, operations, finance, growth, product, senior management)
and quickly build relationships needed to accomplish program
- Skilled at conflict resolution and negotiation, able to set
clear expectations and demand high performance for self and
- Able to inspire and motivate teams and individuals, and able to
identify attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Demonstrates, and values accountability, cooperation, integrity
and open communication.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a structured yet adaptable
work-style - able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
while having a focus on quality, and good attention to detail.
- Strong attention to detail when it comes to ensuring all
published content is accurate, on-brand and in line with the
- Ability to partner across the organization to ensure content
remains highly relevant to our target audience and drives
demand/interest in CO-OP products and solutions.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and interface with external partners and
- Ability to make data-driven decisions, evolve and optimize
content strategy to support broader CMX team goals.
- A story teller who can develop content to drive campaigns and
messaging through all channels.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams including PR,
Product Marketing, Sales, and Product.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Journalism or a similar field of study
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional content
strategy and execution preferred.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga , Director, Content Marketing, Advertising , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!