Maintenance Mechanic - Second Shift
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 20, 2020
Keep Production, HVAC, and facility equipment in good working
order. Be able to detect and correct errors before the machine, or
the products it produces, are damaged. After diagnosing a problem,
may take the equipment apart to repair or replace the necessary
parts. Expected to have electrical, electronics, and computer
programming skills so they can repair sophisticated equipment. Once
a repair is made, tests a machine to ensure that it is running
smoothly. Perform tear downs, rebuilds and preventive
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on Production, HVAC,
and facility equipment, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems,
conveyor and packaging systems, and production machines; following
diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and locates sources of problems by
observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems;
using precision measuring and testing instruments; utilizing OEM
manuals diagrams and prints. May use computerized diagnostic
systems, vibration analysis and Infrared techniques to help figure
out the source of problems.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists,
cranes, and hand and power tools
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by
inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and
other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by
using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation
and equipment like drill press, lathes grinders and various hand
- Performs machining work welding, drilling, grinding and
utilizing other machining tools
- Installs or removes machines and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by
checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed
equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders;
- Maximizes maintenance efficiencies by using equipment and
supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance expertise to drive continuous
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing information and trends utilized in
continuous improvement projects.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, within the Computerized
Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Installs or repairs machinery and equipment
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Attends daily shift meetings to prioritize work orders and
- Safely operates forklifts, cranes, power tools, hoists and hand
- Leads and participates in Continuous improvement projects
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal
- Leads and mentors maintenance technicians.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 1-2 years
related experience or training.
- Must have reliable and dependable attendance.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and willing to work
overtime when needed
- Technical certification in maintenance or working towards
mechanic, electrical, or other equipment related discipline
- Knowledge and or previous experience in blow molding, injection
molding or extrusion molding desirable. Experience with processing
or troubleshooting of plastics equipment preferred.
- Some knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics is
Certification or License
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to safely operate and use standard shop equipment.
- Understands the concept of continuous improvement, six sigma or
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Time-management - ability to adapt to changing situations,
manage priorities and crises situations.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work
independently and, in a team, and take direction from others in a
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills- ability to work well with all levels in the
- Ability to develop and train others.
- Computer user skills- proficient in basic computer use- able to
quickly learn and efficiently use new systems.
- Ability to read blueprints and process set-up sheets.
Regularly required to stand for the duration of the shift; walk;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must have ability to
reach with arms, grasp with hands, and twist and bend frequently.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Frequently lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Working on the shop
floor will involve having exposure to shop elements such as noise,
dust, fumes, odors, and grime of machinery. The work environment is
typically warm to hot.Requirements
- Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original
- Works well as a member of a group
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary
to get the task done well
- Years of experience
Keywords: Comar, Rancho Cucamonga , Maintenance Mechanic - Second Shift, Engineering , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!