Senior Engineer R&D
Company: New World Medical
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Senior Engineer R&D is responsible for the design of
components and assemblies for medical devices as part of the new
product development team and will be involved with all phases of
the product development process, from concept through commercial
launch. The Senior Engineer will be a technical contributor and be
independently responsible for project modules and deliverables. May
include sustaining activity to support marketed products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, qualify, and launch medical products utilizing
a design control process.
- Execute studies in a clear, concise, and objective-oriented
fashion in compliance with quality standards.
- Write, execute, and follow procedures/protocols
- Plan and execute Design Verification & Validation with
protocols/reports and lab testing.
- Design test methods, collect and present data using proper
- Work with fellow and senior team members to achieve tasks.
- Concept, planning, and product feasibility for new products and
- Assist in process development, validation, and
- Design products for manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and
- Assist in risk assessment activities for product and process
- Work with and manage suppliers/vendors for product/process
- Travel to visit vendors, clinicians, and to attend
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanical CAD design/drafting experience, preferably
- Experience with Microsoft office tools such as MS-Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Working knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations
- Good working knowledge of small-scale plastic/metal design and
manufacturing technologies, materials and mechanism design
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional experience, preferably with medical
- Experience in product design and CAD drafting, preferably
- Working knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent science
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in clinical
- Occasionally move about inside the office and travel to and
from office buildings to access file cabinets, employee offices,
office machinery, etc. This may include, but is not limited to,
bending and walking.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office
productivity machinery, such as a computer printer, computer
keyboard, calculator, etc.
- Ability to listen and speak with employees and vendors. Must be
able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and transport to other
offices. This may be performed with reasonable accommodation.
- View and type on computer screens for long periods of
- Must be able to read and manually conduct inspection processes
and procedures with provided tools.
This description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be
New World Medical, Inc. (NWM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NWM
takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies
are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion
or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or
veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected
Keywords: New World Medical, Rancho Cucamonga , Senior Engineer R&D, Engineering , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!