Project Engineer - SD
Company: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD.
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: January 16, 2023
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking qualified
individuals to join our team. CORE is one of the nation's largest
non-profit affordable housing developers with over a 25-year track
record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and
social future of communities by building quality, affordable
housing combined with best practice social services to improve the
self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance C.O.R.E. Values:
COMMUNITY - Through our high-quality construction and social
services, we build great communities where our residents and
neighbors can thrive.
OPTIMISM - We believe in the ability of people to strive for better
lives, and we help provide them with the means to achieve their
RESPECT - We serve our residents, partners, and employees with
EXCELLENCE - We strive for the highest standards in design,
construction, property management, and customer service.
At National CORE, we offer competitive compensation packages and
comprehensive benefit plans that include medical, dental, vision,
401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays,
vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Project Engineer reports to the Vice Presidents of Construction
and Construction Managers and functions as an integral part of all
phases of construction projects. This position will help with
design development/pre-construction, bidding, contracting,
submittals budget reconciliation and closeout for multiple
- Assist Vice Presidents (VPs), Construction Manager (CMs), and
Construction Superintendents throughout all stages of
- Perform research and coordination of special projects in the
department as assigned.
- Prepare special reports as needed for the Construction
- Assist Accounting Department management with efforts to improve
- Work closely with Construction Accounting, VPs, CMs and
Construction Superintendents to ensure accurate and timely review
of the construction budget and actual expenditures information is
in the system and on the progress billings.
- Assist in scheduling meetings as requested.
- Attend design meetings, take notes and follow up on tasks as
directed by VPs and CMs.
- Assist in pulling permits and paying fees
- Review plans and report back to VPs and CMs about project
details and unique conditions
- Assist with creation and review of trade specific scopes of
- Load plans onto Procore
- Create bid packages on Procore and send them to
- Communicate with subcontractors regarding delivery of
- Organize and review subcontractor proposals and present them to
VPs and CMs
- Work Closely with Contracts, VPs and CMs to execute contracts
- Work closely with Accounting to:
- Ensure accuracy of draws
- Make budget adjustments
- Track timing of draws
- Coordinate with subcontractors to:
- Verify timely and accurate billing and lien releases
- Ensure that payments and received timely
- Do project site inspections on a regular basis
- Help track and process change orders
- Work closely with VPs, CMs, and Construction Superintendents on
- Process and review submittals
- Track timely approval of submittals
- Create closeout package for projects including, As-builts,
Closeout Binder, Notice of Completion (NOC), Certificate of
Occupancy (C of O) and other required documents.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the
development of the team and participate in all company required
educational and team building activities, which may include
overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
The Project Engineer should have at least 1-3 years of demonstrated
experience in the construction industry. In addition, individual
should have the following minimal skills and experience.
- Proficiently read and interpret plans, specifications and
reports related to construction.
- Be proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS
- Experience in MS Project, Procore and Bluebeam is
- Be able to comprehend and follow instructions and be able to
- Perform complex and repetitive tasks.
- Maintain a fast work pace and high-volume workload.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving
- Be a strong team player and able to take initiative on
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Walking over uneven ground
- Climbing ladders
- Operate computer and office equipment.
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity
Keywords: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD., Rancho Cucamonga , Project Engineer - SD, Engineering , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!