West Coast Finishing Center Manager
Company: Avery Dennison
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: April 10, 2021
- Full-time Company Description Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a
global materials science company specializing in the design and
manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials.
The company's products, which are used in nearly every major
industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and
graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for
industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and
embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification
(RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets.
Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more
than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in
2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com . Job
Description Are you looking for a rewarding growth opportunity?
Energized by the idea of working with and leading a dynamic,
safety-focused manufacturing team? Are you a leader that creates a
positive working environment in which all employees are aligned,
engaged and valued? Are you looking for a challenging role that
includes a strong focus on performance management, employee
development, problem-solving and lean thinking? If so, this might
be the position for you! The Avery Dennison West Coast Finishing
Center, located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, is looking for a Finishing
Center Manager. We encourage you to check us out on our website at
www.averydennison.com and learn about becoming a part of the
exciting and innovative Avery Dennison team. The Finishing Center
Manager will have the overall responsibility for the operation of
the West Coast Finishing Center. This position will be focused on
the shipping and receiving or finishing of materials and/or
products. Responsibilities will include: Employee Development &
- Train and provide development opportunities for team members.
Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global
Performance Management System is up to date and regular feedback is
provided to team members.
- Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where
needed. Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation's Code of Business Conduct,
Ethics and Values.
- Perform general management duties, exercising authority
concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and
terminations. Responsible for training and development of
subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work,
meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent
application of organizational policies.
- Act as a role model and change-agent for the team.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together
to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy
and team operating plan. Site Management Responsibilities:
- Analyze and draw information for long-term strategic change and
improvement for the site.
- Lead significant multi-site, multi-functional or multi-business
project initiatives, scheduling and planning.
- Focus on improving more complex performance of the site:
develop site organizational culture that fosters continuous
- Successfully implement annual and long-term financial and
business plans (financial, safety, service, organization,
- Drive for results and effectiveness in: quality, service,
safety, employee relations climate, inventory and organizational
development. Ensure good operational practices are in place;
anticipate and manage through adversity, effectively incorporate
improvement programs into the culture of the Operations
- Practice all health and safety procedures and promote safety as
a fundamental value
- Lead the safe operation of a facility and comply with legal,
legislative and corporate safety requirements.
- Create a vision and operating strategy/plan for the plant;
steer the plant toward that vision.
- Drive continuous cost reduction and operating effectiveness
- Ensure accuracy and completion of capital planning and
- Understand and implement ISO 9000 procedures that relate to the
role and responsibilities of the Plant Manager position.
- Achieve maximum levels of productivity, ensuring that the
business benefits from the lowest possible cost and best
- Deliver short- and-long term site results in order to develop
and maintain the organization's credibility with the business and
creating opportunities for the function to add greater value to the
- Translate market trends and customer needs into actionable
goals that create competitive advantage.
- Develop, analyze and manage Operational expenses.
- Develop Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM) for
assigned areas and confirm linkage to global business
- Lead benchmarking of Operations-related topics in support of
- Work with team to review and create processes that will
increase overall effectiveness in all operational areas including
safety, productivity, quality, etc. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- 5+ year's successful multi-functional Operations experience
including management and employee development.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and
improvement strategies (e.g. ELS/Lean Sigma) and the ability to
integrate those into the operation.
- Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for long-term
strategic change and improvement for the site.
- Skilled in leading significant multi-site, multi-functional or
business project initiatives, scheduling and planning.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key
drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all
levels and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing individuals and
- Operational knowledge of the applicable systems.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, relationship building,
mentoring, training and project management experience and skills.
Additional Information All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected
status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines. If you require
accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are
available to submit an application. Please contact 440 534-6080 or
Jacqueline.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss reasonable
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Rancho Cucamonga , West Coast Finishing Center Manager, Executive , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!