Chief People Officer
Company: Inland Empire Health Plan
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Morgan Consulting Resources, Inc. has been retained to conduct
the search for the Chief People Officer for Inland Empire Health
Plan. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a mission
driven senior leadership team. The role is based in Rancho
Cucamonga, CA. A hybrid schedule is available allowing for three
days in the office and two days remotely.
About the Organization:
With a mission to heal and inspire the human spirit, Inland Empire
Health Plan (IEHP) is one of the top 10 largest Medicaid health
plans and the largest not-for-profit Medicare-Medicaid plan in the
country. In its 26th year, IEHP supports nearly 1.6 million members
who are enrolled in Medicaid and has a growing network of over
7,800 providers and nearly 3,000 Team Members (Employees). Through
dynamic partnerships, award-winning service, and a tradition of
quality care, IEHP is fully committed to its Mission, Vision, and
IEHP has consistently achieved outstanding employee engagement
scores from their 3,000+ Team Members and was . For details
regarding IEHP, please visit: .
About the Position:
IEHP is seeking a Chief People Officer (CPO) who has proven ability
to achieve best in nation results by thinking and acting
courageously, strategically, and maximizing creative talents to
dream and achieve outstanding outcomes.
The CPO will play a key role in:
- Developing conscious leadership and executing organizational
development and human resource strategy in support of IEHP's
mission, vision, values, business plans, and strategic
- Developing and implementing best practices and strategies that
advance IEHP's efforts to be a high-performance organization that
is fueled by a skilled, engaged, and diverse workforce and
- Serving as a thought partner to the CEO and working in close
partnership with the executive team.
- Leading comprehensive strategies to forecast IEHP's talent
needs to attract, retain, and motivate top talent throughout the
- Integrating new technologies that advance the mission and
promoting and continuing to enhance a strong culture of
collaboration and cooperation internally and externally.
- Leading the Human Resources and Organization and Development
Departments, including talent acquisition, compensation and
benefits administration, learning and development,
continuity/succession planning, employee relations, performance
management, employee engagement, culture enhancement, and employee
- Building external partnerships to fulfill our Mission, in
developing new and innovative strategies with external educational
partners to create pathways for workforce development in the Inland
Empire (Healthcare Scholarship Fund, Community Health Worker,
Staff: Director, Human Resources Operation; Director, Learning and
Development; Director, Talent Acquisition;
Director, Total Rewards; Senior Human Resources Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Develops and implements Human Resources strategies that align
with IEHP's overall mission and strategy, resulting in innovative
best practices and policies that will service the full range of
IEHP's HR needs and organizational development and build a
high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency,
- Leads and supports the HR Directors and Learning and
Development Director in overseeing all people programs including
Organization and Development, Benefits and Compensation
Administration, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and the
assessment, design, and implementation of policies.
- Fosters Mission Integration, Human Resources (People), and
Organizational Development efforts that effectively communicate and
support IEHP's Mission, Vision, Values, and strategic
- Implements Human Resource/Organization Development solutions
and supports programs to address identified organizational needs,
gaps, and opportunities for improvement and development.
- Creates a collaborative, inclusive culture that reflects IEHP's
Mission, Vision, and Values, attracts top talent, and advances
engagement, effectiveness, and innovation.
- Develops and implements effective practices for forecasting
talent needs, talent acquisition, training, development, and
performance management practices with a focus on Diversity, Equity,
& Inclusion (DEI) to meet IEHP's people needs and strategic
- Works collaboratively with the CEO to support the vision and
implementation of DEI best practices, directing the planning and
execution of strategic initiatives to align enterprise-wide DEI
programs, policies, trainings, and culture.
- Serves as a key trusted advisor to CEO, executives, and
leadership team regarding people, Team Culture, and organizational
concerns and issues.
- Works directly with the CEO and executive team, collaborating
to lead, manage, influence, and shape organizational change and
IEHP's strategies and objectives.
- Determines appropriate measures/metrics needed to provide
ongoing analysis of workforce metrics to drive performance and
change and enhance employee engagement; ensures appropriate and
timely Human Resource information is provided to leaders and Team
- Provides guidance on continual leadership development,
performance management, talent management, organization alignment,
culture, and employee engagement.
- Partners with leadership team to drive process improvements;
identifies root causes to issues and recommends concrete solutions
that increase organization capability and responsiveness.
- Manages complex employee relations matters, driving favorable
resolutions as quickly as possible. Consults with legal counsel as
needed. Drives initiatives aimed at the prevention and resolution
of employee relations matters.
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Organization Development,
Business Management, or related field from an accredited
- PHR/SPHR and/or CCP/CBP Human Resources designation
- Fifteen plus (15+) years of progressive HR/Organizational
Development experience, including:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the top OD/HR role
advising the C suite, empowering colleagues, and serving as a
- Preferred experience in a California high growth health plan,
healthcare, or clinical organization or related industry
- Developing action plans and initiatives focused on leadership
development to drive engagement to support departmental and
organizational strategic objectives;
- Building a strong, highly skilled, and engaged
- Developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies
and initiatives and successfully scaling a compelling company
Salary range: $324,896 to $385,819Interest Points About Rancho
Rancho Cucamonga has all the amenities and qualities that make for
a family-friendly city. The public schools in the city are
performing slightly above the national average. In fact, the and
the student-teacher ratio is 23:1. And in 2018, this city was part
of the . This is a result of its wellbeing, community and
environment, and income and employment. The city continues to excel
over the years. For example, in 2020, the national civic league
named it one of the .
The centralized location of the town is one of the best perks, no
matter where you are heading out to! From Rancho Cucamonga, you can
get to San Diego in less than two hours, Palms Springs in just
slightly above an hour, and Los Angeles in only 45 minutes by car.
The town isn't only close to major cities, but you can easily
access beaches and mountains from here.
If you or someone you know has the qualifications for this role, I
would love to set up a time to talk. Thank you so much for your
Rosie Saenz, Principal/Executive Search ConsultantMorgan Consulting
Additional details.....Reports to: CEOAdditional duties &
- Oversees and maintains proactive compensation and benefits
programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for
effective performance; facilitates the Position Control
- Continues to position IEHP as a Great Place To Work - ensuring
a progressive, culturally diverse work environment enriched with
professional development opportunities.
- With the Executive Team and Leadership Team, prepares for
Covered California, expansion of service line and building
community relations and external partnerships to fulfill our
Mission, in developing new and innovative strategies with external
educational partners to create pathways for workforce development
in the Inland Empire (Healthcare Scholarship Fund, Community Health
- Explores and implements full degree offerings for Team Members
on the IEHP campus.
- Leads the planning and budgeting for Organizational Development
and Human Resource to accommodate business objectives and drive
- Maintains understanding of county, state, and federal laws as
they pertain to organizational compliance and both short and
- Extensive knowledge of talent acquisition, compensation
administration, organization development, change management, and
process improvement techniques.
- Understanding of county, state, and federal laws.
Required specialized skills and expertise include the
- Critical thinking and analyzing situations accurately and
making timely decisions for effective action to achieve
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with leaders and Team Members.
- Interpersonal communications, oral and written communication
skills, and public speaking skills.
- Listening, conflict resolution, facilitative, interpersonal,
consultative, coaching and negotiating skills, and be a calculated
risk-taker with diplomacy, patience, and compassion.
- Leadership, Team Building organizational and management
- Basic Computer Skill involving common software programs such as
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The emotional intelligence to communicate professionally and
with the utmost sensitivity to Team Members at all levels during
- Well organized task oriented and apt for implementing
strategies and standards.
- Politically savvy.
- Self-confidence to impart wisdom and know-how to
- Dynamic and approachable personality.
- Sense of humor, patience and serve with empathy and
- A strong dedication to authentic leadership, exceptional
customer service, and continuing program development.
- The dedication to promote an engaging environment with a
conscious and responsive Leadership Team in an ever-changing
- Build a superior culture through attracting, developing, and
retaining excellent talent.
- Relate well to the board of directors, Members, Providers,
executives, leaders, Team Members, and community partners.
- Conceptualize and develop programs, budgets, and related
- Impact systems and system collaboration.
- Plan, negotiate and manage group decision making.
- Lead a solid HR/OD Team.
- Be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader, delegating
- See the "big picture" in a variety of settings.
- Organize and integrate organizational priorities and
- Act quickly and responsively on new initiatives, anticipate
opportunities, and develop new and innovative ways to do
- Build relationships and teams to align strategies and achieve
- Lead and manage teams.
- Overcome resistance to change while preparing and supporting
those affected by change.
- Read the subtle nuances of situation and react/plan
Commitment to IEHP Mission, Vision and Values:
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to embrace and
live daily the IEHP Mission, Vision and Values (MVV). A Team Member
demonstrates support of the MVV and the IEHP culture by developing
professional and effective working relationships that include
elements of respect and cooperation with Members, Providers, Team
Members and associates outside of our organization.
Hybrid position, at minimum requires to work in IEHP Office on
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week; based on IEHP needs may
be increased to work in the IEHP office Monday through Friday.
Keywords: Inland Empire Health Plan, Rancho Cucamonga , Chief People Officer, Executive , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...