Company: Ferreira Construction Co., Inc
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Safety ManagerGeneral SummaryThe position is responsible for
assisting in managing the Safety and Health Program, and the
corresponding laws that relate to the safety of our work, for an
assigned territory in a manner consistent with company policies and
procedures.Essential Job Accountabilities:
- Administer, direct, and manage compliance with the company
safety program and incident prevention efforts to ensure company
safety goals are met. This includes the authority and ability to
change and/or adjust work procedures as may be required to ensure
the safety of affected employees and the public.
- Initiates, performs and documents jobsite inspections and
audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition, unsafe
behaviors, and correction of potential third party, asset loss and
workers compensation losses. This necessitates the ability to think
independently, communicate thoroughly and facilitate the
implementation of corrections/behaviors.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct safety meetings and training
programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy
and safety standards.
- Coordinate and participate in regulatory agency inspections and
investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state
- Coordinate and control the development and review of activity
hazard analysis (AHA) for each major phase of our work to ensure
its safe completion. This includes assessing the need for and
facilitating the training for each AHA as may be required.
- Investigate, prepare, and maintain a record of all third party,
asset loss and workers compensation claim to make certain that the
interests of the company are preserved.
- Follow up with the corporate insurance department as regards to
high value insurance claims, to ensure that documentary information
has been collected, secured, and preserved so that claims will be
resolved in a timely manner as required at the local
office.Education & Work Experience:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a construction related
safety environment required.
- Heavy civil / utility experience preferred.
- BCSP Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or
Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP).
- BCSP Safety Management Specialist (SMS) or Certified Safety
Professional (CSP) preferred.Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of construction safety including Cal OSHA;
US DOT; FMCSA; and MUTCD standards and regulations.
- OSHA 500 Trainer Course for Construction
- Specific working knowledge of trench and excavation; confined
space entry; work zone traffic control; and cranes and
- Train The Trainer forklift / aerial lifts preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor others.
- Ability to work in a high production environment (50+
hours/week, including some nights and weekends are expected) and
respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Veriforce / ISNet Experience a plus.
Keywords: Ferreira Construction Co., Inc, Rancho Cucamonga , Safety Manager, Executive , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...