Company: Hill International
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Hill International is an international construction consulting firm
that provides program and project management, construction
management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance,
inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to
clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. Hill has
participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total
construction value of more than $500 billion. Hill is a publicly
traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HIL),
and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
We are currently looking for a Proposal Manager for our office in
The primary responsibility of the Proposal Manager is the
management, writing, designing and production of competitive
proposals and presentations for construction management, program
management, project controls, and claims services. This position
requires a commanding knowledge of the industry and exceptional
writing skills combined with the ability to multi-task on multiple
pursuits. He or she is also responsible for quality control and
proposal coordinators and assistants in the art of proposal
research, writing, and time management to help with their
professional development. Lastly, the Proposal Manager is
responsible for providing technical and persuasive writing for
project profiles, resumes, and other proposal elements to enhance
and enrich the content and message of the firms proposal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WORK PROCESS AND DELIVERABLES
* Coordinate go/no-go decisions with Business Development
* Attend pre-proposal meetings and/or interviews when
* Lead the development of competitive proposals from teaming and
pre-proposal meetings through delivery of submittals.
* Work with Proposal & Graphics Director and Business Development
staff to create effective schedules for writing and producing
materials in a timely, resource-efficient manner.
* Develop non-technical proposal sections and tailor project
descriptions and resumes as needed.
* Collect/draft technical proposal sections from past submissions
or by research through individuals or other sources.
* Help internal clients access accurate information and work
samples in a timely manner in all system programs/databases.
* Use Deltek Vision and other database systems to retrieve project
and resume information.
* Coordinate with various Hill departments to secure legal and
insurance reviews of RFP documents.
* Maintain Deltek Vision calendar (production schedule) of
proposals and presentations.
* Be well-versed in developing SF 330s.
* Prepare and develop materials for meetings, interviews, and
presentations. Coordinate presentation preparation as required.
* Manage prequalification efforts for city, state, and federal
agencies, apart from those inherent to specific proposals.
* Field various support and information requests from other offices
* Assist Corporate Marketing and Proposal staff with editing
services for brochures, flyers, website, and other materials
applying the Corporate Style as necessary for consistency as
* Proofread, edit, or rewrite all other copy as requested.
PROCESS AND PERSONNEL OVERSIGHT
* Receive and analyze RFPs to develop schedule and task assignments
using the Proposal Workflow Chart, Proposal Process Checklist, and
the Proposal Directive Form. Mentor proposal coordinators and
assistants in department processes and procedures.
* Provide direction and prioritize/monitor day-to-day workload of
proposal coordinators/assistants and graphic specialists when
required on related projects, and provide overflow resources when
* Oversee and juggle daily or weekly workload as necessary to meet
* Mentor and grow proposal coordinators and assistants to reach
their creative and technical potentials.
* Collaborate with all proposals and graphics staff when
* Participate in Interviewing, mentoring and evaluating proposal
coordinators, assistants, and specialists when requested.
* Report directly to Proposal & Graphics SVP regarding staffing,
hardware, and software needs.
* Write, collect, manage, and upkeep corporate data.
* Update appropriate areas of corporate databases and network
folders with project, resume, or proposal text information after
* Use Deltek Vision and other database systems to archive project
and resume information, providing input as required.
* Establish language consistency in existing project descriptions
and resumes in Vision.
* Develop high-quality project description text for Hill projects
and circulate for review and approval by appropriate staff.
* Enter approved and verified data into Vision.
* Develop persuasive text for competitive resumes, project
descriptions, and proposal boilerplate.
* Work closely with acquisition integration teams to review resume
and project write-ups and efficiently convert said materials into
* Work closely with company recruiting staff to convert candidate
resumes into Hill format for use in proposals. May require
interaction with new hires and potential employees.
* Work with your regional proposal teams (primarily) and other
regions (as requested) to develop qualifications-based text for use
in proposals, qualifications statements, and other marketing
COMMUNICATION, COLLABORATION, AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
* Work in a team environment to produce competitive proposals and
* Work collaboratively with regional offices to ensure adequate
resources are available for endeavors pursued locally by each
* Regularly communicate with offices you support to stay current
and up-to-date on their people, projects, strategies, and
* Work with and listen intently to the needs of internal clients to
develop responsive proposal/presentation needs of the firm as such
* Work collaboratively with Business Development, Operations,
Management, and Proposal Department staff to aid in the creation of
a shared vision of proposal needs of the firm.
* Develop positive, encouraging relationships, particularly with
those new to the industry or the firm.
QUALITY ASSURANCE/QUALITY CONTROL
* Review all work you produce and facilitate QA/QC of Eastern
Region proposals by other (Proposals Director, Senior Management,
BD Pursuit teams) before delivery to the clients.
* Assist in review of all submittals to assure that they are
compliant with their respective RFQs/RFPs.
* Learn and maintain department archiving systems for posting and
sharing of proposal and corporate material for use in proposals and
* Work closely with Marketing, Proposal, and Business Development
staff firmwide to improve the quality of written materials
* Actively take part in process improvement teams to generate and
develop marketing materials that are accessible firmwide.
* Advance the quality of all documents produced by the firm.
Via internal and external sources, stay current with industry
software and process trends to maintain speed and efficiency in
internal systems, applications, databases, and procedures.
This is a challenging career position for a seasoned proposal
manager. He or she will take full responsibility for the proposal
development and production process and contribute to maintenance of
databases to ensure accuracy of current information.
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Hill International, Rancho Cucamonga , Proposal Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!