Government Advisory Services Senior Associate
Company: Eide Bailly
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Government Advisory Services Senior Associate
US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga - US-CA-Tustin
Business Outsourcing & Strategy/Accounting Services
Who We AreEide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business
advisory firms in the nation. We have over 41 offices in 15 states
across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff
and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries.
Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and
we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve
their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at
home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve,
the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You Will Love Working HereAt Eide Bailly, we believe respect is
how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our
culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We
promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority
along with being actively involved in our communities. Our
dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to
match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing
opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly,
we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work
environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns,
socials, contests, outings, and other events.
Typical Day in the LifeA typical day in the life of a Government
Advisory Services Senior Associate may include the following:
- Applies knowledge and understanding of
government industry standards and best practices related to finance
and accounting in order to implement and adhere to agency policies,
procedures, and financial reporting requirements.
- Leads routine assessments of processes, procedures, internal
controls, and transactions in order to provide recommendations for
improvements deemed necessary by the results of external
- Introduces efficiencies to applications in practice, or the
understanding and usability of results to enhance business
- Ensures cyclical accounting and financial reporting objectives
of the client within the scope of the engagement are met, including
routine balance account reconciliations, monthly and quarterly
journal entries, month end and year end closing duties, budget to
actual analysis, and routine financial reporting.
- Contributes daily to client engagements, meeting client
deadlines, and proposing solutions to client challenges.
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel intermediate to advanced concepts to
analyze large amounts of data.
- Provides coaching and support to Associate level staff through
delegation and supervision of engagement tasks, hands-on training
with assigned tasks, review of work performed, and knowledge
sharing of technical standards and industry best practices.
- Maintains awareness of general business trends and issues and
applies that knowledge to client issues to provide solutions.
- Performs field work at client locations as necessary.
- Networks, builds relationships, and attracts new clients or
business to the Firm.
- Attends training seminars, professional development, and
- Ensures timely and accurate performance on assigned
- Maintains compliance with project budgets, turnaround times,
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
- You have 3 or more years of accounting experience
- You are able to travel to southern California clients and the
office about 10% of the time. As much as 90% of the time would be
spent working from home or a place of your choosing.
- You have experience with payroll processing preferred.
- You have a valid Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or
working towards obtaining a CPA license preferred.
- You have well-rounded knowledge of the government industry,
public agency business processes, and accounting principles.
- You demonstrate critical and analytical thinking skills.
- You can communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- You are able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by
setting priorities with work projects.
- You can establish and maintain effective working relationships
with co-workers and clients.
- You are proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (Word and
Excel), and using various software packages.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently
without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without
the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. Benefits
and CompensationOur compensation philosophy emphasizes competitive
and equitable pay. Eide Bailly complies with all local/state
regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. Final compensation
decisions are dependent upon factors such as geography, experience,
education, skills. Salary Range: $80,000-$100,000 Beyond base
salary, Eide Bailly provides benefits such as: generous paid time
off, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k)
profit sharing, life and disability insurance, lifestyle spending
account, certification incentives, education assistance, and a
referral program. For more information about our benefit offerings
and other total rewards, visit our careers page. What to Expect
NextWe will be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our
position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a
phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests
and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page. Eide
Bailly LLP is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected
under local, state or federal laws. #LI-KP1#LI-REMOTE
Keywords: Eide Bailly, Rancho Cucamonga , Government Advisory Services Senior Associate, Government & Protective Services , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...