Healthcare Data Analyst I
Company: Inland Empire Health Plan
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 23, 2020
Under the direction of the Quality Systems Leadership Team, the
Healthcare Data Analyst (HDA) is responsible for providing
technical, analytical and reporting support for the Health Plan's
Clinical and Provider departments, programs and quality activities.
The HDA must understand relational database concepts, table design
and structure, joins, data normalization, and data types. In
addition to technical data concepts, the HDA must have strong
understanding of research methods and statistical concepts to
design reliable studies/analyses, and payment algorithms.
- Develops and prepares reports to support IEHP's clinical and
provider units utilizing available analytics and data mining tools,
including but not limited to: Microsoft Applications (including MS
Access), SAS, SPSS, Crystal Reports, system-specific reporting
tools (e.g., MedHOK, CRM,) or other related reporting
- Exercises timely and accurate data mining techniques and
develops new or modifies existing reports that ensure consistent
conclusions to data analysis.
- Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve
- Responsible for evaluating report requests to determine
requestor's needs and objectives, identifying correct methodology
for extracting data including data sources and criteria, and
ensuring the delivered report is accurate, timely, and formatted
- Responsible for understanding the various data sources
available within IEHP for reporting and analysis, as well as a
clear understanding of IEHP business operations to be able to
appropriately guide the development of quality program activities,
including analysis and reporting.
- Significant participation in analysis, interpretation, and
translating of complex health plan data, issues, trends, and
relationships into effective strategies and action plans.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects and effectively
communicating with the QS leadership team any project deadlines
that may be in jeopardy of being met, well in advance of the due
- Document all analysis / reporting projects following
established protocols, ensuring replication of results by an
- Demonstrate a commitment to incorporate LEAN principles into
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
others throughout the organization.
- Any other duties as required to ensure the Health Plan
operations are successful.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health
Information) as outlined in IEHP's policies and procedures relating
to HIPAA compliance.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred. 3 - 5 years
experience required. Will accept Master's degree in lieu of
- Data analysis, data presentation, spread sheet and database
capabilities. Working knowledge of data analysis, study
methodology, and preparing professional documents. Basic
understanding of statistical methods.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Access, SAS, SSRS or other
statistical applications are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft
Excel, Word. Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong problem solving capability, excellent interpersonal/
- Strong attention to detail.
Pay Range: $69,284 - $88,358.40
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit
Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also
one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network
of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 1,700 employees, IEHP
provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2
million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in
the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award
winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed,
we're ready to make a difference today and in the years to come.
Join our Team and Make a Difference with us!
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Keywords: Inland Empire Health Plan, Rancho Cucamonga , Healthcare Data Analyst I, Healthcare , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!