General Summary: The Case Manager coordinates and manages
services provided to each patient to establish a focused,
individualized program geared towards specific goals unique to that
patient. Acts as a liaison for patient, family and staff,
overseeing day to day operations of all care provided to ensure
successful patient outcomes.
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and
validated by the Case Manager competency checklist.
2. Enables the patient?s program to proceed in an orderly,
purposeful and goal-directed manner through daily contact with the
patient and family, attending patient staffing and weekly team
meetings, monitoring patient progress, and re-evaluating goals.
3. Documents in patient chart and completes bi-weekly patient
progress reports indicating problems, progress, treatment and goals
in a clear, concise manner.
4. Strives to direct all patient care and trans- disciplinary
efforts towards a maximum level of self-care for each patient.
5. Encourages the participation of the family and patient on an
ongoing basis in discussion of plans, goals, status, etc. by
directing patient and family at family/team conferences and through
6. Facilitates the exit/discharge process and arrangements for
follow-up and appropriate supportive services.
7. Performs psychosocial evaluations, counseling, and gathers
information related to the patients? current and ongoing overall
status from patient, family and medical documentation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected