Licensed Practical Nurse-Rancho Cucamonga, CA (LPN/LVN )
Company: STG International Inc
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Rancho Cucamonga,
California. STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a
Licensed practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse to provide
services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The general duty
of the Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse is to
provide a wide variety of clinical and administrative nursing care
under the direction of the CBOC Clinic Manager, PACT Provider and
STGi Program Manager. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Pharmacology and medication
administration techniques per facility protocols, and state
regulations, as prescribe by PACT Provider.
- Work with the PACT team to check-in/check-out patients.
- Participate in all staff meeting and PACT huddles.
- Observe patients and report adverse reactions to medications,
treatment or physical/mental condition.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during
respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing
changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigation,
catheterization, injection administration and venipunctures.
- Prepare patients for laboratory procedures and examinations by
providing information and instructions, while assisting the Primary
Care Provider and RN Care Manager upon request.
- Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment,
including monitor, EKG, oxygen, automatic electronic defibrillator
(AED), and portable suction.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control
- Assist support staff as needed.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their medical
records and VISTA to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote
continuity of care.
- Assist in maintaining the VISTA (Veteran Health Information
Systems and Technology Architecture) clinic reminder tracking
system current for each enrolled patient.
- Document all pertinent information and completes the VISTA
Clinical Reminder Program as outlined by the site-specific VAMC for
compliance of the Directors Performance Measures.
- Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow up
appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the
patient's medical necessity.
- Assure patients' are informed regarding their plan of care,
including lab and diagnostic test results as needed. Provide health
educational, materials and resources to patients and their families
for informational purposes.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program
between HNFS, its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in
an accurate and complete fashion.
- Assist the CBOC Clinic Manager (either PA/NP or RN Care
Manager) in maintaining the clinic compliant with all federal,
state, local, JCAHO, OSHA, Veteran Affairs, STG VA Program and
Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and
- Assist the RN Care Manager in ensuring all patient information
on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and support
patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Applies the basic concepts of customer service techniques,
cultural diversity and age-specific characteristics.
- Document patient reminders, clinical reminders, clinical
interaction and closes encounters, answering questions, and perform
other duties as needed to ensure a beneficial visit, online
activity and/ or training and support of the PACT team.
- Make follow up visits.
- Provide general clerical/administrative support coordination
work for the unit.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned. Required Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years of current clinical experience working
in a similar environment. Outpatient clinical and/or other hospital
experience preferred (Medical-Surgical, Intensive Care Unit,
Emergency Room, or other hospital experience preferred).
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures and complex methods
for coordinating and scheduling clinical care.
- Thorough knowledge of the variations in anatomy.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the practical nursing
principles, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to assess patient condition, recognizes adverse signs
and symptoms, and reacts swiftly in emergency situations.
- Ability to follow orders and works under close supervision,
while demonstrating initiative and independence.
- Ability to provide, as directed by the provider, individualized
and group counseling, guidance, and health instruction with the
focus on disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Ability to provide educational material to patients and/or
families regarding proper home health care activities, such as
giving injections, taking blood pressures, changing wound
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment,
including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service technique
related to age-specific population.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with
proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of specialized terminology associated with the work
in the facility and in-depth knowledge of the terminology used in
Primary Care Practice.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Electronic Medical
Records and computer maneuverability.
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and
experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to
Keywords: STG International Inc, Rancho Cucamonga , Licensed Practical Nurse-Rancho Cucamonga, CA (LPN/LVN ), Healthcare , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!