Night Supervisor (LPN/LVN)
Company: Sunrise Senior Living
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Night Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the health and
wellbeing of our residents and providing leadership support and
assistance with hands-on resident care and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to promoting the
overall wellbeing of residents, assisting in training and
monitoring of medication administration, communicating with
resident support services and families, ensuring quality care and
services are being provided and documented in a consistent manner
and in alignment with each resident s Service Plan (SP), and
maintaining clinical quality while leading and demonstrating the
Sunrise Senior Living mission, to champion the quality of life for
all seniors in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and
local laws and regulations and Sunrise Senior Living policies to
promote the highest degree of quality care and services to our
As a part of the Sunrise team, supporting our Mission, Principles
of Service and Core Values is a fundamental part of this job. Our
foundational belief is the sacred value of human life. The unique
responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the
essential functions listed below:Coordination of Health Needs
- Identifies on-going care and services needs of residents in
promotion of the highest quality resident care outcomes.
- Ensures proper evaluation, follow-through, and documentation
for residents with a change in condition or health care
- Evaluates, monitors, and follows up with residents who have
experienced any fall, accident, or incident; documents and reports
as required and directed.
- Documents all pertinent information in the resident s
electronic health record.
- In collaboration with the neighborhood coordinator, maintains
communications with resident s family and/or responsible party to
ensure the assessed needs of the resident are being met and
communicates changes and/or outcomes of monthly wellness visits as
- Contacts resident s attending physician when necessary and/or
upon family request.
- Assists in maintaining wellness files according to Sunrise
policies, and federal and state regulations.
- Provides clinical support and assistance to community team
members as needed.Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
- Strives for excellent quality care and service delivery.
- Demonstrates and is knowledgeable about the following key
quality improvement areas:
- Resident Centered Care Model
- Applicable Quality Indicator
- Actively participates in Sunrise Quality Assurance & Clinical
- Demonstrates and is knowledgeable in the following key
- All applicable Federal, State, and local resident care and
- Residents Rights
- Resident Assessment process
- Assists the RCD and other members of the community team to
prepare for regulatory surveys.
- Reviews Physician Reports of all new residents as directed by
- Orders medications and equipment as directed by the RCD.
- Demonstrates Sunrise practices and guidelines for care and
services related to the resident s skin, nutrition, behavior,
falls, pain, and bowel/bladder status.
- Assists in implementation, training and monitoring of
documentation related to resident clinical and health and wellness
- Ensures resident changes, concerns and/or solutions are
reported to RCD as appropriate.Medication Programs
- Regularly monitors each resident s medication and treatment
profile to ensure each medication and treatment is administered as
ordered and documented accurately.
- Accurately and promptly transcribes, and or updates physician
orders in the resident s electronic health record.
- Demonstrates and is knowledgeable of the Six (6) Rights of
Medication Pass ( Right resident, medication, dosage, time, route,
right to refuse).
- Acts as liaison for pharmacy services to ensure effective
services for residents.
- Monitors the medication room, medication carts, and treatment
carts for neatness, cleanliness, availability of medications and
- Assures proper receipt, storage, inventory, and security of
controlled drugs.Resident Care
- Responds to guest/resident, family and/or visitors request(s)
in a timely and professional manner
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information.
- Reviews, updates, and documents changes in residents physical
and/or behavioral condition in the electronic health record to
reflect the change and makes appropriate updates to the service
plan to reflect pertinent clinical information and appropriate
- Provides supervisory support by managing the staffing on the
assigned shift to include, taking attendance at the beginning of
every shift, managing call-offs/no shows, and working to fill open
shifts as needed.
- Assures all care managers understand their responsibilities for
their shift, including their assigned resident group. Participates
in crossover meetings by sharing/receiving pertinent information
with/from Lead Care Managers.
- Carries a resident group assignment on overnight shifts and
picks up group assignments in the event of an unfilled call off on
day or evening shifts.
- Responds to security system and resident call bells promptly
and immediately; takes appropriate action including resetting call
- Ensures oxygen tanks are stored safely, exchanges resident s
tanks when empty if needed and monitors to makes sure liters of
oxygen are at prescribed levels.Risk Management and Safety
- Partners with the community team to ensure community is in
compliance with OSHA requirements, Risk Management programs and
policies, and adherence to applicable safety rules and
- Practices safety procedures at all times including appropriate
use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), fire extinguishers,
lockout/tagout procedures and use of Data Safety Sheets when
- Understands and follows the Sunrise Infection Control &
- Provides training, as needed, to support infection control
practices as outlined in the Program.
- Understands and practices the proper method of attending to
hazardous exposure including, disposing of, and managing the
possibility of exposure to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids,
infectious waste, used sharps and other hazardous materials.
- Reports occupational exposures to blood, bodily fluids,
infectious materials, sharp sticks, and hazardous chemicals
immediately.Training, and Contributing to Team Success
- Actively participates as a member of a team and is committed to
working toward team goals.
- Supports onboarding of new team members, including shadowing
and skills demonstration.
- Demonstrates, in daily interactions with others, is committed
to the Team Member Credo.
- Committed to serving our residents and guests through our
Principles of Service.
- Contributes to engagement programs and processes (customer and
team member engagement) including participating in the team member
engagement survey and engagement improvement planning
- Attends regular meetings; Town Hall, Department Team Meetings,
Cross Over, and others as directed by the Supervisor/Department
- Maintains compliance with assigned required training, as
applicable to this role, to ensure that Sunrise standards are
always met. Experience and Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed throughout this job
description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and
- Graduate of approved college/school of nursing.
- Maintains a current state license as a professional Registered
Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in home health, assisted
living, hospital, or long-term care environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and
methods applied to the health and wellness of the elderly
- Understands applicable federal, state, and local
- Demonstrates good assessment skills.
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals
based on their skills, role, and interests and according to the
State Nurse Practice Act.
- Possesses written and verbal skills for effective communication
and the ability to teach and guide team members to provide quality
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office
(Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications, with the
ability to learn new applications.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible hours. Sunrise considers
the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team
members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with
Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and
drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g.,
Covid-19), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19,
TB) and using designated PPE when required. Sunrise Senior Living
offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members
including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term
disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members
may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position.
Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All
team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care
for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest
resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to
provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no
surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living
entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will Make a
Difference Every DayWe are passionate about our mission to champion
quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with
a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the
fullest. Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive CommunityThe care-focused
environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We
offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your PotentialWe believe potential has no limits. We offer
best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our
leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their
career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a
certified Great Place to Work Associated topics: hemodialysis,
license, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, licensed
vocational nurse, med, nurse ii, nurse iii, practical nurse lpn,
Keywords: Sunrise Senior Living, Rancho Cucamonga , Night Supervisor (LPN/LVN), Healthcare , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...