Wellness Nurse, LVN
Company: Oakmont Senior Living
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Position: Wellness Nurse
Pay Range: $38.00 - $40.00
Ivy Park at Alta Loma is a premier senior living community situated
on a beautifully landscaped campus. Managed by Oakmont Management
Group, Ivy Park at Alta Loma provides exceptional quality, comfort,
and care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a
rewarding lifestyle with individualized comprehensive support that
promotes continuing independence. We deliver meaningful lifestyles
and relationships with residents, families, and team members by
developing a winning culture and living these values: Authenticity
* Teamwork * Compassion * Commitment * Resilience.
With communities across California, Hawaii, and Nevada,
opportunities for career growth, relocation, and travel are
significant. In addition, eligible team members may enjoy the
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Vacation, Personal Day, Sick Pay, Holidays
- Complimentary Meals
- Bonus Opportunities
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Team Member Discount Program (LifeMart)
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Recognition Programs
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Financial Assistance
The Wellness Nurse is a licensed nurse responsible for coordinating
resident care and medication management under the medical direction
and supervision of the residents' attending physicians in order to
ensure the resident remains as independent as possible for as long
as possible. The Wellness Nurse works on the scheduled days off of
the Health Services Director to provide the community with
consistent coverage from a licensed medical professional seven (7)
days a week.
- Communicate with community healthcare professionals, including
physicians, discharge planners, nurses, and state agencies on the
care needs of all residents in the community.
- Coordinate incidental medical, dental, vision, hearing, and
podiatry care for residents.
- Perform nursing duties as directed and in accordance with the
appropriate scope of the Nurse Practice Act, including
administering medications and performing treatments as ordered by a
- Provide support to Medication Technicians to ensure competent
delivery of medications to residents.
- Assist with resident assessment tasks as directed by the Health
- Conduct staff interviews and observe residents on a continual
basis to ensure community staff is informed of changes in
residents' physical and emotional health. Communicate all relevant
resident information to physicians and other healthcare
professionals. Alert Executive Director and responsible party to
concerns as needed.
- Complete thorough documentation in the resident chart on an
ongoing basis according to company policy and state
- Review and monitor staff use of the Shift Report daily and
participate in the change of shift meeting to communicate pertinent
information regarding resident care needs as needed.
- Coordinate prescription orders with doctors' offices and
pharmacy delivery of medication. Oversee the central storage and
delivery of medications.
- Communicate with residents and responsible parties regarding
the community's preferred pharmacy and incontinence supply
- Must be a Licensed Vocational or Registered Nurse holding a
valid California nursing license in good standing
- Prefer one (1) year of experience working in a Residential Care
Facility for the Elderly (RCFE)
- Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in MS
Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax
machine, copier, telephone, etc.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of
assisted living and dementia care
- Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with
cognitively impaired individuals
- Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid and CPR
- Must pass a Criminal Background check and Health Screening
tests, including physical and TB Tests.
- OFor the health and safety of our team members and residents,
Oakmont Management Group may require team members to vaccinate,
participate in daily screening, surveillance testing, and to wear
face coverings and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to
prevent the spread of the COVID-19 or other communicable diseases,
per regulatory guidelines.
Oakmont Management Group, based in Irvine, California, is a
recognized leader in the senior living industry that manages a
portfolio of communities under the Oakmont Senior Living and Ivy
Living brands. OMG currently serves over 6,000 seniors across 64
communities in California, Hawaii, and Nevada. At OMG, we strive to
create an atmosphere of family and community among team members,
residents, and resident family members. We know that caring and
meaningful relationships are the foundation of a rewarding life,
and our team is hand-selected for their skills, previous
experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice
is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of
excellence. Walk into our communities and feel our pride of
ownership and commitment to service.
Oakmont Management Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Oakmont Senior Living, Rancho Cucamonga , Wellness Nurse, LVN, Healthcare , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!