Shift Supervisor - Rancho Cucamonga
Company: The Salvation Army
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: September 22, 2022
DescriptionBecome part of the dedicated Sales team at Salvation
Army! Together we can continue serve and impact our local
community. We are hiring for full-time Shift Supervisor at our
Rancho Cucamonga Store. Great opportunity to improve your
leadership skills and experience while contributing to the success
of our Adult Rehabilitation Program. If you are looking for a job
with purpose, apply to Salvation Army!For information on this
position, please read below:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Takes an active role and partners with the Store Manager in the
day-to-day operation of the store.
- Assumes responsibility for all day-to-day store operations in
the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides coaching, training, and development to the Store
- Ensures Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good
Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and
service is quick and efficient.
- In absence of Store Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift
change team meetings.
- In absence of Store Manager and Assistant Manager, coordinate
daily morning and shift change team meetings.
- Supervise employees in performance of duties to ensure
compliance with published directives and guidelines.
- Provide training for new personnel on store policies and
procedures and the level of Customer Service expected by The
- Completes all tasks as assigned by the Assistant Manager, Store
Manager; District Sales Manager; Command Retail Directors and
- Responsible for processing of paperwork per Review Standards,
especially as it relates to Time and Attendance compliance.
- Ensures store is maintained at ARC Merchandising Standards,
adequate inventory levels on hand. Store is at CNO standards.
Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate Rag Out from the
- BRP (Back Room Processing) In absence of Store Manager, ensures
that the Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently
to meet daily processing goals as outlined in Material Handler
Standard Operating Procedures/Job Description.
- Donation Attendant (s) -In absence of Store Manager, ensures
that the Donation Attendants are working effectively and
efficiently as outlined in the Donation Attendant Job
- Responsible for adequate amount of change at the beginning of
each day, safeguarding cash in registers, and banking of cash
receipts as per ARCC policy.
- Attends Monthly Store Meetings.
- Assists the Store Manager on ensuring that safety measures are
established and maintained consistent with ARC policy and
governmental regulations and that hazards are reported to
Administration. Assists with Weekly Store Meetings with store
- Responsible for the protection of property and building.
- May transfer from store to store at the direction of Command
Retail Directors and Command Administration.
- Implement appropriate loss prevention measures as
- Perform other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by
the Store Manager, District Sales Manager, Command Retail Directors
and Command Administration.QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred to have a minimum of one-year previous retail
experience and Supervisory experience.
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to
schedule and supervise store employees
- Must hold a valid Drivers license, be able to show proof of
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History
and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, store
employees, customers, and donors.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and
twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file
cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling
clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and
carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasksTHE SALVATION
ARMY MISSION STATEMENT The Salvation Army, an international
movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the
love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.Health
and safety are a top priority with all our roles and sites. We
continue to consult with medical and health experts and take all
recommended precautions in our buildings and stores to keep our
- High School or Equivalent or betterLicenses &
- Driver's LicenseExperiencePreferred
- 1 year: Retail experience and Supervisory experienceEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Rancho Cucamonga , Shift Supervisor - Rancho Cucamonga, Hospitality & Tourism , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!