Construction Manager / Subcontractor Recruiter
Company: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD.
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: January 17, 2023
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking qualified
individuals to join our team. CORE is one of the nation's largest
non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track
record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and
social future of communities by building quality, affordable
housing combined with best practice social services to improve the
self-sufficiency of our residents.
At National CORE, we offer competitive compensation packages and
comprehensive benefit plans that include medical, dental, vision,
401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays,
vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Construction Manager / Subcontractor Recruiter will report to
the Senior Vice President of Construction. The Construction Manager
/ Subcontractor Recruiter handles all phases of the recruitment
lifecycle and provides guidance and leadership to our Construction
Managers (CMs) and Vice Presidents (VPs). They drive the recruiting
process and manage the master subcontractor list, while ensuring
that required bidding processes are implemented and followed,
throughout the lifecycle of all construction projects. This person
must be good at reading people and building relationships.
- Exercising independent judgment regarding the technical and
nontechnical competencies of prospective subcontractors.
- Full lifecycle subcontractor recruiting for the Construction
- Working with CMs and VPs to understand subcontractor needs as
they relate to both company, partner and investor goals.
- Sourcing subcontractors and verifying their
- Making subcontractor recommendations to the Construction
- Schedule and conduct subcontractor interviews via phone and
- Writing and posting Requests for Qualifications
- Support the Construction Team and work directly with them to;
understand their needs, prepare for future pipeline, develop
strategies, implement processes, and provide consistent updates on
qualified subcontractors and overall standings on goals.
- Develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies.
- Initiate and attend recruiting events such as job fairs (i.e.,
Building Industry Association (BIA) - Meet the Builder) which will
require travel throughout Southern California.
- Analyze recruitment data to proactively problem solve.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include but are not limited
to supporting the Construction Department with all phases of
construction, and attending company sponsored events which could
include overnight stays.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced sourcing skills and be capable of creatively seeking
hard to find subcontractors.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in a highly
collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of applicable California Contracting laws.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Extremely organized with excellent time management
- Maintain work pace appropriate to given workload.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task effectively.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Outlook, MS Excel, and MS
- Proficient in MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Procore, Blue Beam and
Smartsheets is a plus
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- At least 4 years of experience in residential construction
(multi-family and affordable experience preferred).
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Experience exercising independent judgment regarding the
competencies and capacity of prospective subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience interviewing prospective subcontractors
in-person and via phone.
- Experience writing and updating trade specific scopes of
- Contracting with subcontractors and vendors
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Operate computer and office equipment
- Walk on uneven surfaces and climb stairs and ladders on active
- Drive to jobsites and meetings throughout Southern
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity
Keywords: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD., Rancho Cucamonga , Construction Manager / Subcontractor Recruiter, Human Resources , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!