The Registered Nurse (RN) is an experienced registered
professional nurse who initiates and coordinates the care plan,
provides skilled care and coordinates the services provided to
his/her patients. The RN works cooperatively with the attending
physician, Medical Director, and other members of the
interdisciplinary team. The RN reviews and initiates the plan of
care. Performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain
management and symptom control, conducts assessments and
evaluations, and provides education and supportive care to the
patient and caregivers.
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Care Services or Team Leader
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Credentials: Current RN License within the State. BSN
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience as a professional
nurse within the last 3 years or have a Baccalaureate in Nursing
from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing.
Core Competencies: Demonstrated competency in performance of
professional nursing functions. Requires excellent oral and written
communication skills. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward
caring for the patient and demonstrates positive communication
skills in interacting with other members of the team.
Other: Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs comprehensive nursing evaluations.
2. Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including
presence of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action.
3. Initiates the plan of care and communicates the appropriate
needs of the patient to the interdisciplinary team
4. Initiates and communicates all services provided to
patients/families in all settings to ensure quality of care and
services as well as appropriateness of care.
5. Initiates the implementation of the approved plan of care and
contacts physician on admission.
6. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling, and readily accepts
new admissions and emergency assignments as requested.
7. Maintains knowledge of state and federal regulations and
JCAHO standards (if applicable).
8. Participates in QAPI program.
9. Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and
organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce
or eliminate them.
10. Maintains continuing education through academic studies,
seminars, and workshops.
11. Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings, and
patient care conferences.
12. Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible
14. Complies with company’s policies and procedures, laws and
regulations and standards of practice.
15. All other duties and tasks deemed necessary and
1. Evidence of good physical and mental health.
2. Able to lift 40 lbs. from floor to waist and from waist to
3. Able to lift 25 lbs. from shoulder to overhead.
4. Able to push/pull 50 lbs.
5. Frequently required to assist with transferring of
6. Frequent bending.
7. Repetitive standing, walking and use of hands.
8. Average vision/hearing.
9. Phone communication ability.
10. Able to drive a car 2-4 hours per day.
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM