Company: National Community Renaissance
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: April 3, 2021
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits
package! "Together, we transform lives and communities!" National
Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking qualified individuals to
join our team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit
affordable housing developers with over a 25-year track record in
community revitalization. We transform the economic and social
future of communities by building quality, affordable housing
combined with best practice social services to improve the
self-sufficiency of our residents. National Community Renaissance
C.O.R.E. Values: COMMUNITY - Through our high-quality construction
and social services, we build great communities where our residents
and neighbors can thrive. OPTIMISM - We believe in the ability of
people to strive for better lives, and we help provide them with
the means to achieve their dreams. RESPECT - We serve our
residents, partners, and employees with utmost respect. EXCELLENCE
- We strive for the highest standards in design, construction,
property management, and customer service. At National CORE, we
offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive benefit
plans that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match,
Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job: The Compliance Specialist reports to the Compliance
Manager. The Compliance Specialist will be responsible for
monitoring and auditing resident files, coordination and filing of
- Monitor income qualified households by way of file
pre-approvals, to ensure affordability levels are maintained,
applicable rents and utility allowances are in place.
- Lead new lease-ups and work with property management qualifying
new applicants and ensure deadlines are met.
- Audit and ensure that resident files contain required
verifications and acceptable documentation.
- Create and update property compliance binders.
- Assist the Compliance Manager and Sr. Compliance Specialist
with special projects as needed.
- Affordable Bond Units: Quarterly reviews of randomly selected
resident files to assure all paperwork and affordability
requirements are being met.
- Create reports, filing, organizing data and provide back-up
assistance on reporting requirements for portfolios.
- Legal document review on new projects and RRA set up.
- Monitor compliance affordability on a quarterly basis.
- Capability of resolving moderately complex operating
- Review funding applications on new deals to set up compliance
- Must be able to travel out of town one to two times per
- Must be able to work some weekends and extended hours.
- Must be able to work with and understand Regulatory Agreements
and other documents that pertain to compliance within the
- Must be a self-starter who is organized, detail oriented, and
can effectively deal with and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, professionalism, integrity and exercise
confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Comprehend and follow instructions.
- Perform complex or varied tasks.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Be a team player.
- Attend company sponsored events that relate to the development
of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays
at locations away from the employee's home.
- Must attend seminars, trainings and workshops related to
- Responsible for creating correspondence as well as other
administrative and clerical duties as required. EXPERIENCE
- Must have 2-5 years of experience in affordable housing
compliance or affordable property management.
- Must have previous experience with the affordable income
qualification requirements and processes, tax credit and section
- Tax credit certification and property management experience
- Must be able to pass the Tax Credit Specialist (TCS), Certified
Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Blended Occupancy Specialist (BOS)
certifications within 1 year of being hired.
- Should be extremely detail oriented.
- Must have working knowledge of current Windows Office Suite;
Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent math skills. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions
- Standing, walking, sitting
- Operate computer and office equipment National Community
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now with our
quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is your full
name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number
Type What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: National Community Renaissance, Rancho Cucamonga , Compliance Specialist, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!