Project Advisor II
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: April 6, 2021
US-CA-Rancho CucamongaReq No. 2021-7389Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Project Advisor II to serve as a liaison
among project stakeholders in order to understand business process,
structure, policies, and operations of the organization with the
goal of documenting requirements that will help deliver new and
enhanced processes, products, and services. The Project Advisor II
is an external, client-facing role which assists in formulating
recommendations that enable the organization or business unit to
achieve its goals.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Helps define estimate, scope and requirements documentation and
helps to ensure use of appropriate templates across all
- Utilizes methods of elicitation, requirements gathering,
requirements analysis and solution assessment and validation to
deliver complex projects and initiatives.
- Develops knowledge of internal and external partner business
and processes. Understands stakeholder environment, prioritizing
and refining requirements to meet the needs of the client and
- Evaluates proposed solutions. Ensures initial unit testing of
all changes is completed, and further assesses the deployed
solution to ensure delivered results meet the needs of the business
and or client.
- Ensures the development of complex project scope and
requirement documents are completed and signed off on by internal
business partners and clients. Uses an iterative approach,
involving business and clients to ensure needs and requirements are
- Communicates effectively, consistently and iteratively with
internal business partners and clients to ensure the understanding
of appropriate business processes, requirements, and project
- Follows change control and appropriate change management
- Develops working relationships with clients and internal
business partners/ project team members to effectively communicate
and successfully deliver complex CO-OP project
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science
plus 5-7 years related work experience, or equivalent training
- 3+ years of experience understanding the relationships,
dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- 3+ years of experience collaborating with departments to
identify, document and communicate business needs and provide
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Project, Office and
- Expert knowledge of one, or multiple areas, of CO-OP Financial
Services departments, products and/or services.
- In-depth knowledge of elicitation, requirements management,
enterprise analysis, requirements analysis, and solution assessment
- In-depth knowledge of use cases, process maps, data flow
diagrams and ability assist in the creation and documentation of
- In-depth knowledge of unit testing, integration testing,
functional testing and UAT.
- Knowledge of Financial Institution Systems and project
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies,
design and implementation.
- Knowledge of CO-OP Financial Services products and services
with experience in an area(s) such as Card Processing Platforms,
Vendor Data Sources (Fiserv or FIS), Payment Solutions, Application
Programming Interfaces or others not listed.
- Understanding of core systems and business processes,
applications and technical platforms.
- Excellent understanding of concepts of project planning and
project management techniques to assist in projects and group
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or in a Project
Management role preferred.
- 3+ years of experience planning, scheduling and coordinating
activities for medium to large projects with deadlines is
- 1+ years of experience modeling/ mapping as-is and to-be
business processes and performing current state analysis of
existing business processes and systems, applications and functions
- 3+ years of experience eliciting, capturing, analyzing and
validating business, functional and technical requirements
- 1+ years of experience in test planning, test case development
and execution is desirable.
- 1+ years of experience training and mentoring others in
business analysis tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile/ Lean
- Knowledge of finance, credit card systems and FIS/ Fiserv data
sources is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of entire development process, including
specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that
foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to external and
internal customers' needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects or meet
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and
tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems individually
and in a team environment.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI133345226
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga , Project Advisor II, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!