Industry Relations Specialist
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: April 6, 2021
US-CA-Rancho CucamongaReq No. 2021-7589Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Industry Relations Specialist to oversee
the creation, production and execution of Industry related
experiences (tradeshows and sponsorships) which generate, and
nurture leads for CO-OP products and services. This position
consistently upholds the CO-OP brand vision and standards, quality,
and achieves the experience objectives set with the sales and
client relations organizations.
The Industry Relations Specialist oversees and tracks all Industry
Relations experience spends and remains within the allotted budget
amounts set for each experience. The Industry Relations Specialist
works with multiple departments to secure the correct company
representative for each experience including working with all areas
of marketing to determine the best course of action to attain the
right mix of clients and prospects.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Leads planning meetings, which include high level staff, to
determine best approach and the right internal representatives for
- Creates calendars of yearly sponsored experiences which include
projected due dates and works ahead of schedule to ensure no
last-minute details are excluded.
- Creates marketing plans and briefs for each experience
- Utilizes professional project management expertise to move
projects forward while establishing buy in from partnering
- Consults with internal constituents to level set experience
(tradeshows and sponsorship) strategy, goals, schedule, budget, and
post event feedback.
- Creates internal and external presentations and experience
related communications for sponsor, tradeshow related
- Drafts recaps of each experience; prepares final reports and
shares collected data for successful follow-up and evaluation of
program for process improvement.
- Articulates CO-OP's product lines, negotiates favorable terms,
and presents a professional business manner.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related
- 1-2 years event/meeting planning and oversight.
- 1-2 years professional project management experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work with and
communicate with high levels of staff.
- Good writing skills necessary to present ideas effectively, as
demonstrated by writing samples.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities under
changing conditions in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills necessary to
closely monitor experience issues.
- Editing skills necessary to edit all written and oral
communication of team members and agency teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain
- Ability to train, aid, direct and motivate project
- Ambitious, energetic self-starter with marketing experience,
gained in either an agency or client environment.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills as internal & external
relationships are key to the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability
to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal
- Results oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and
deliver effective work.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI133345248
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga , Industry Relations Specialist, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!