Vendor Risk Intern- Summer 2021
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 2, 2021
US-CA-Rancho CucamongaReq No. 2Category InternshipType
We are seeking a talented Vendor Risk Management/Procurement Intern
to work directly with the Manager of Vendor Risk Management and
Director of Procurement. This role will have the opportunity to
understand how third-party vendors help CO-OP operate, as well as
experience the risk and due diligence activities behind the scenes
that are necessary to manage those ongoing vendor
What You Can Look Forward to
- In partnership with the Manager of Vendor Risk Management,
design a variety of processes, including the tracking of regulatory
documents expiry and creation of templates requesting updated
information from these vendors.
- Develop a plan for the eventual decommissioning of a database
used throughout the organization by understanding data ownership,
how the tool is being used by different teams, and impacts of
sunsetting the tool.
- Gain experience using a vendor risk management tool, assisting
with data clean-up and quality efforts.
- Develop a vendor outreach calendar for collection of artifacts
of regulatory requirements (such as, Payment Card Industry,
Attestation of Compliance, and Service Organization Control).
- Gain experience interacting with internal stakeholders and
- Gain experience interacting with third party vendors.
- Assist and learn about the planning, design and reporting
results of vendor program.
- Perform quality assurance, including ensuring all due diligence
material is provided timely and is current.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 3 years undergraduate degree completed at college/university or
- Experienced Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook and Excel).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through
involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work
experience, or other activities.
Why Join CO-OP?
You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong
culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People
Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core
values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the
products that we deliver. We are committed to understanding,
attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee
can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base
reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an
inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- The opportunity to join a nationwide, fast-growing
- Gain real world experience working on projects alongside
full-time employees as well as other interns.
- Learn about the financial technology industry and how your work
will impact credit union members across the country.
- Connect with other interns through learning opportunities and
other fun events.
- Explore your interests and potential career path with job
- Gain skills and experience that will make you a highly
marketable candidate in the future.
- Regular touchpoints with internship coordinators to discuss
progress, goals, and future career.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga , Vendor Risk Intern- Summer 2021, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!