Company: Ferreira Construction Co., Inc.
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ferreira Construction is a 400 million+ a year privately held
first-rate heavy civil construction company. Since 1988, Ferreira
has enjoyed steady growth throughout its history. We specialize in:
Underground Utilities (Gas, Water, Sewer, Fiber Optic, Electrical),
Foundations, Bridges, Highways, Airports, Sitework; Power/Utility:
Substations, Power Plants, Transmission & Distribution, Sitework;
Emergency Management: Reconstruction, 24-Hour Storm Response, Storm
Hardening, Shoreline Restoration/Stabilization, Debris Removal;
Solar Installation and Construction Management.
We are dedicated to constructing quality infrastructure through
innovation and sustainability, never compromising our integrity-the
foundation of our success for more than two decades. Ferreira is a
nationally recognized company with headquarters in New Jersey and
regional offices in New York, Florida, California and Rhode
We are currently seeking an Estimator to work out of our
Rancho Cucamonga office.
The Estimator will work under the direction of the Divisional
Manager and Chief Estimator to create the most cost effective,
competitive bids while maintaining quality standards.
The Estimator will contribute to a quality estimating process
through detailed analysis of bid documents and will stay informed
on industry standards and changing technologies. The Project
Estimator will contribute to Ferreira's revenue by researching and
bidding public and private RFPs.
- Thoroughly investigates the specifications, scope of work,
drawings, other RFP documents and develops a complete understanding
of the RFP requirements.
- Conduct field visits to collect pertinent information as
- Obtains competitive quotes from subcontractors and
- Can perform take-offs for material and labor and
- Review all RFP documents, aid in the in the development of
proposal plans and prepare a high-quality proposal.
- Synthesis of all necessary information to develop cost
effective and readily deployable alternative delivery designs.
- Strong understanding of contract documents and language to
effectively mitigate risks while putting together project
- Build detailed bills of materials.
- Strong knowledge of wide range industry products and
- Review and edit proposal inputs and coordinated with management
personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Strong multitasking. There will be multiple projects on going
at the same time.
- Coordinate and report findings to Construction, Operations and
Business Development Departments.
- Analyze construction methodologies and cost structures.
- Utilize Heavy bid / Accubid to create estimates and cost
- Work with regulatory department to understand project
requirements per state.
- Determine land use and confirm with regulatory team that
project is viable.
- Assist in completion of incentive application submissions.
- 2-4 years of relevant construction industry experience.
- 1-3 years estimating experience, preferred.
- Strong electrical background preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Experience in Microsoft Project, HCSS, and Accubid
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ferreira Construction Co., Inc., Rancho Cucamonga , Estimator, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!