Maintenance CNC Helper
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Howmet has an immediate opening for a Maintenance CNC Helper in
our Rancho Cucamonga Operations. Our passionate commitment to the
facility provides the successful candidate with an excellent
environment in which to work and the leadership commitment and
support to deliver results. This position is a key member of the
Facilities team, is a highly visible position that will require
traveling to different sites within California.
Howmet Engines is a world-class producer of aero engine and
industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, forged
rings, disks and forgings. We excel in vacuum melted superalloys,
machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high
performance parts that enable the next generation of quieter, more
fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Assists maintenance mechanics in repairing and maintaining
machinery, equipment, physical structures, and plumbing and
electrical systems of industrial establishment by performing the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is not intended as a
comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may
not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required
to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Dismantles machines or equipment, replaces defective parts and
motors, and adjusts feed mechanisms.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts such as shafts, pulleys,
gears, and bearings.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Bends and cuts conduit and wire, and drills holes in walls,
floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Clears clogged conveyors of metal chips.
- Cleans or replaces filters on machines, electrical panels,
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all
company policy, safety, and procedures.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment, scissor
lift, or cherry picker.
- Adds oil to machines, helps organize and maintain supply levels
- Mixes coolant premix to accurate levels.
- Sweep floors, cleans, and dispose of trash when necessary.
- Assist in troubleshooting manual vertical lathes and CNC
- Additional cross-functional duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the
time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Previous experience with CNC Machines.
- Previous maintenance experience.
- Previous preventive maintenance experience.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Rancho Cucamonga , Maintenance CNC Helper, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!