CA Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 3, 2021
CorVel in Rancho Cucamonga, CA is seeking a full time CA Workers
Compensation Claims Specialist. The Claims Specialist manages
within company best practices lower-level, non-complex and
non-problematic workers' compensation claims within delegated
limited authority to best possible outcome, under the direct
supervision of a senior claims professional, supporting the goals
of claims department and of CorVel.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk
management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health
and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987
and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since
1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology
enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions
to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong,
supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core
values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time
employees and includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of
- Determines validity and compensability of the claim
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving
- Manages non-complex and non-problematic medical only claims and
minor lost-time workers' compensation claims under close
- Communicates claim status with the customer, claimant and
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in
claims review as needed
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or
problematic claims as necessary
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working
hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding
of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Minimum 5 years Public Safety/LC 4850 experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related
- Minimum of 1 year of industry experience and claims management
Keywords: CorVel, Rancho Cucamonga , CA Workers Compensation Claims Specialist, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!