This Job is Ideal for You If:
- You have a passion for providing service to others from your
- You are motivated by encouragement to think outside the box and
the ability to make a difference in people's lives;
- You believe being kind to others is the most important thing
you can do;
- You aren't afraid to strike up a conversation, build
relationships and freely express compassion and empathy;
- Integrity means everything to you - you are dependable,
considerate, and committed to always doing the right thing;
- You desire work/life balance while still enjoying continuous
learning and growth in your career.
What's In it for You?
- The opportunity to be of service not only to our Members, but
also to each other and to the community.
- Being with an organization dedicated to the professional
development and future goals of its Team Members.
- No aggressive sales - we are here to provide products and
services to our Members, not sell them something they don't
- Being recognized as a vital contributor to the success of one
of the fastest-growing credit union's in the state, rated as a
Forbes Top Ten Credit Union in California.
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION:
Job Title: Branch Service Representative 2 Department:
Supervisory Role: No FLSA: Non-Exempt
Supervisor's Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Provides exceptional member service with Members while
performing monetary financial transactions and other member
requests. Maintains good Member relations by discovering needs and
providing solutions for Members while assisting Members on the
teller line and lobby.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Uses Service Standards in every work-related encounter.
- Provides exceptional member service.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount and
examines checks for authenticity endorsements.
- Cashes checks after verifying endorsement, proper
identification and ensure validity and members balances.
- Enters members' transactions into computer to record accurate
transactions and issues computer generated receipts.
- Examines checks deposited and determines proper funds
availability based on regulation requirements and completed hold
notices as required.
- Balances drawer daily including currency, coin and checks in
cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts
with data displayed on the computer screen.
- Assists other Branch Service Representatives with balancing,
fraud prevention and adherence to compliance policies.
- Asks questions to discover Member needs and provide solutions
through offering appropriate products and services.
- Answers basic Member inquiries regarding interest rates,
service charges, and account histories while complying with
disclosure requirements, regulations, and consumer privacy
- Identifies counterfeit currency.
- Assists Member's with opening new memberships and
- Provides member services at the information desk by becoming
fully certified in information desk duties.
- Issues ATM/VISA cards, places stop payments, orders checks, and
submits member research inquiries.
- Maintains a working knowledge and complies with BSA
laws/regulations applicable to area of responsibility.
- May perform operational duties such as preparing/processing
reports, performing monthly certification and preparing for branch
- Assists with member problem resolution and research.
- Other duties as required to achieve the goals of the branch and
the credit union.
Positions directly supervised: This position has no supervisory
Prerequisites: Must complete all certifications and skill level
competencies for the Branch Service Representative 1 position.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Competencies Required for this Position
- Member focus.
- Decision making.
- Communication Proficiency.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); One year similar or related experience
and/or training. Customer Service experience required.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate and understand written
and oral language and the ability to effectively present
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math skills to
include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to use office equipment such
a computer and calculator. Must be able to type proficiently.
Ability to be bonded. Able to be punctual and have regular
attendance. Ability to accurately handle cash.
The position operates in a clerical office setting. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. They are subject to change at any
time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to do the following:
- Intermittent standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping and
- Intermittent pushing, pulling and reaching above, at and below
- Repetitive motion - frequent keyboarding and mouse usage
requiring the fingers to make small movements and the use of hands
- Manual dexterity.
- Simple grasping by using fingers and palm on an object.
- Carrying - transporting an object, usually by hand. The ability
to carry and lift files and coin up to 10 pounds.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace. Those applicants requiring reasonable
accommodation to the application/interview process should notify
the Human Resources Department at (909) 379-6643.