Learning and Development Trainer, MSW
Company: Inland Empire Health Plans
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Requisition ID: 5042
Under the general supervision of the
Learning & Development Supervisor, the Learning & Development
(L&D) Trainer, MSW, leverages their expertise and clinical
acumen in mental health and human services to design, develop, and
facilitate engaging training curricula, learning modules, and
experiences to train employees in the Behavioral Health Care
department under IEHPs Health Services division. The L&D
Trainer MSW coordinates and delivers training covering a wide range
of topics for large and small groups or one-on-one, either in
person or virtually. The L&D Trainer MSW offers an approach to
training which operates through an understanding of the link
between mental health and medical conditions.
Major Functions (Duties
1. Conducts multiple training classes
on an ongoing and frequent basis.
2. Performs advanced formatting functions using Microsoft Office
and other programs as needed.
3. Prepares training resources including the use of Word and Power
Point as well as printing, copying, and binding training materials,
manuals, and handouts.
4. Promotes Team Culture through all interactions.
5. Ensures a welcoming environment for training attendees.
6. Communicates effectively with management and training department
7. Works closely with other trainers and serves as their backup as
8. Assists in the scheduling of training sessions.
9. Assists in the scheduling of training classrooms and
10. Sets up classrooms for training sessions as needed including
coordinating classroom set up with facilities and IT.
11. Works with subject matter expert to help validate content is
12. Collects feedbacks from trainees.
13. Participates in train the trainer sessions, in order to be
prepared to deliver content.
14. Performs at basic competency for WebEx/E-Learning.
15. Research and evaluate learning programs, trends, and practices
in order to devise appropriate curriculum as well as modifies
existing curriculum as needed.
16. Assists in the training needs analysis process.
17. Researches, analyzes, and recommends external training
18. Responsible for auditing and maintenance of library of training
material and index of training sources.
19. Attend conferences/trainings and bring back best practices to
share with team in formal setting.
20. Must have advanced understanding of L&D, processes, and
21. Evaluation methods.
22. Conduct needs analysis.
23. Pre/Post training focus.
24. Performs at intermediate competency for WebEx/E-Learning.
25. Collaborates with Lead trainers on L&D initiatives.
One (1) year of precepting, training,
curriculum development or similar function.
Masters degree in Social Work from an
accredited institution required.
Master Trainer Certification
Fundamental knowledge of
training/L&D adult learning techniques. Must have thorough
understanding of IEHP, department, policies and procedures
typically gained from previous work experience.
Must have working knowledge of office
equipment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word
and Power Point. Must have advanced formatting and technical
skills. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
to produce and deliver quality training programs.
Must be comfortable with public
speaking and at ease moderating training classes often consisting
of attendees with diverse personalities and backgrounds. Must have
ability to recognize the importance of customer service and work to
incorporate traits of outstanding service into all facets of the
training program. Must adapt easily in an environment of constant
change; Must have attention to detail and the ability to
multi-task. Ability to understand and implement program objectives.
Ability to learn new computer software as needed.
Commitment to Team
The IEHP Team environment requires a
Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member
demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and
effective working relationships that include elements of respect
and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside
of our organization.
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit
Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also
one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network
of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP
provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2
million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in
the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award
winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, were
ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our
Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive
salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the
annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and
Keywords: Inland Empire Health Plans, Rancho Cucamonga , Learning and Development Trainer, MSW, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!