CA Workers' Compensation Medical Only Claims Specialist
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: June 6, 2021
CorVel in Rancho Cucamonga, CA is seeking a full time Workers'
Compensation Medical Only Claims Specialist. The Medical Only
Claims Specialist manages non-complex and non-problematic, medical
only claims and minor lost-time workers' compensation claims under
close supervision, supporting the goals of claims department and of
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk
management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health
and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987
and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since
1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology
enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions
to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong,
supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core
values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time
employees and includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgement
of the claim
- Determines the validity and compensability of the claim
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within established
reserving authority limits
- Communicates claim status with the customer, claimant and
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in
claims review as needed.
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or
problematic claims as necessary.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding
of claims practice, relevant statutes and medical terminology.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related
- Minimum of 1 year industry experience and claim handling
- WI experience required
- Licensed as required jurisdictionally
Keywords: CorVel, Rancho Cucamonga , CA Workers' Compensation Medical Only Claims Specialist, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!