*** 2 Positions Available
Come join a winning Team! Since 1970 Plastic Express has met the
bulk trucking, bulk terminal, packaging, and warehousing needs of
the plastics industry. Our strategic locations, modern systems, and
dedicated employees allow us to provide custom tailored logistical
solutions to fulfill the most challenging needs of our customers.
Plastic Express operates from 15 warehouse locations and 37 rail
terminals across the US. At many of the Plastic Express sites, we
also handle some Non-plastic commodities, which include; paper
rolls, steel, building materials and other dry bulk materials.
Plastic Express owns and operates roughly 130 trucks, with
approximately 200 trailers performing full bulk truck distribution
business. Plastic Express is headquartered in City of Industry, CA
and has over 300 employees nationwide. Our goal has always
been to exceed our customers expectations, and our can do attitude
is what differentiates us from the competition.
Plastic Express employees have always been our key to success
and total customer satisfaction. We are always looking for
dependable & talented business professionals that will help us to
grow and to continue our Can-Do tradition.
With reporting responsibilities to the Warehouse Manager, this
position is directly responsible for performing essential warehouse
functions in a safety sensitive and production environment.
To include; Warehouse Operations, Shipping/Receiving, Packaging
Operation, Maintaining Inventories and Performing Light
Maintenance, Training new staff when requested, Record keeping and
Communication of issues with Management. Addition duties and
responsibilities may be added or deleted at any time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Unloads goods and material received, enters appropriate
information into system, labels and locates material.
- Separates customer orders. Pulls and stages orders. Repacks
material if required to meet customer specifications. As required,
makes boxes, packs, labels and locates materials.
- Ensures all products are properly labeled.
- May perform functions/transactions in designated system to
receive or ship material.
- Participates in cycle counting. Enters and verifies
information. Researches and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Reviews preventative maintenance check sheets for forklifts.
Ensures good working order of machines.
- Conduct daily equipment inspections and that inspection
paperwork is done correctly and turned in daily (i.e.; forklift,
transfer system and compressor inspections)
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and
regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Participate in daily safety briefings and monthly safety
- Must participate in operations training and development
- Must demonstrate positive and healthy attitude at all times
while performing job functions.
- May be required to handle the accumulation, disposal and
transportation of hazardous waste. If required to do so, must
participate in prerequisite training in order to meet RCRA waste
- Operates fork lifts, scissor lifts, reach trucks, railmovers or
other heavy duty material movers when properly certified to
- Never operate any equipment without documented certification to
operate the equipment.
- Responsible for reviewing all receipts and shipments with
actual incoming or outgoing material.
- Ensure all documentation matches product being shipped received
and/ or shipped.
- Preform relocation of goods and track/ record the relocations
- Perform meticulous records of shipping / receiving
- Monitor and conduct the day-to-day operation of the packaging
- Help in maintaining all inventories related to the packaging
and warehouse operation through communication with management.
- Report any related operational problems to the Warehouse
- Ensure that all related production documentation is correct and
turned-in in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all safety and production procedures are being
- Maintain a clean work environment and keep excellent
housekeeping practices in all work areas.
- Perform routine and/or required light maintenance on all
related packaging equipment.
- Supervise any outside maintenance work and contractors when
requested by management.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are being followed during any
machine outage and/or maintenance.
- Maintain highly detailed maintenance inspection records and
- Communicate all related equipment issues with Warehouse
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift and must pass site
- Must have the ability to think independently and make decisions
that are in the companys best interest.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communications and
organizational skills. Must be multi-task oriented with the ability
to handle many activities simultaneously.
- Must be able to work overtime, long hours, weekends and
holidays when needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous warehousing experience is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- None required for this position.
- Valid state issued drivers license.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor
exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as
hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Must be able to perform physical labor such as; lifting up to 55
lbs., moving up to 250 pounds, climbing ladders, operate control
panels and working with hand tools.
Must be able use fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms; and talk and/or hear.
Employee must possess vision abilities required by this job
function to include close visual confirmation of finely printed
documents, have distance vision to safely and correctly identify
objects and or markings.
Must have peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
focus on subjects or objects at any safe working distance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Must be able to work overtime,
long hours, weekends and holidays when needed.
0% Travel is expected for this position.
Benefits and Perks
- Family health benefit packages
- Vacation pay after a year
- Holiday pay
- Company matching 401k retirement program, after a year
Powered by JazzHR