Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
Company: Avery Dennison Corporation
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our Rancho facility has immediate openings for an experienced
maintenance technician. Avery Dennison offers paid vacation, paid
holidays, a 401k with a company match along with comprehensive
health insurance. Our pay rates are highly competitive with
starting pay averaging $27.00-$31.00 an hour with a possible shift
differential of $1.00 an hour for off shift hours.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the
repair and upkeep of equipment and facility. Activities include
both planned and predictive maintenance and break down repair. You
will work 12:00 am-8:00 am (grave yard shift).
- Locating and diagnosing failures, replacing defective
components, and performing basic troubleshooting using standard
equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications,
prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment
such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production
machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power
tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performing a wide variety of functions such as installation,
maintenance, and repair of equipment for generating, distributing,
and utilizing electrical energy. Uses instruments to test circuits
and replaces or installs new power, light, electronic and control
- Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, inspecting circuits
and wiring for shielding and grounding, and testing electrical
equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Repairing complex electrical equipment, including motors,
switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines,
controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems
- Working from schematics, drawings, layouts, or other
specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical
system or equipment.
- Improvising acceptable fixes to get equipment running
- Assisting engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting
- Properly inspecting and maintaining shop equipment, in
accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Preparing new machines and production equipment for
- Following a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen
exposure to downtime related to repairs and maintenance.
- Maintaining a clean, organized and safe shop and production
- Consistently working in a safe manner with regard to self,
co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Performing general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within
department/group and assists other areas as required.
- Continuously reviewing current processes and searches out
improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce
waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work
- Assisting and supporting other team members in meeting
department and site goals.
- Contributing and participating in team decision making. Provide
support in project work and other special requests.
- Providing support to the production team to produce superior
quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports
the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top
- Painting structures, performing masonry work, repairing
plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Repairing, assisting in repairing or overseeing contracted
personnel on heating, ventilating and air conditioning
- Performing or supervising janitorial services and grounds
maintenance such as landscaping, lawn care and snow removal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years previous experience required.
- Certifications in specialty area required as applicable. Or
acquire within specified timing any licenses necessary to perform
- Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude,
mechanical/technical skills and aptitude and logical problem
solving skills necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a highly
collaborative work system.
- Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be motivated towards productivity improvements, safety and
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact 440 534-6080 or Jacqueline.firstname.lastname@example.org to
discuss reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Avery Dennison Corporation, Rancho Cucamonga , Maintenance Technician - Night Shift, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!