Human Resources Generalist
Company: Avery Dennison Corporation
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Do you thrive on collaborating across boundaries and working
with a dynamic operations team? Do you want to make an impact while
developing in your human resources career? Do you want to focus on
our customers, engage employees and drive action while
demonstrating high standards of personal leadership? If so, please
Summary of the position: This Human Resources Generalist Role
will provide HR support and leadership to four finishing center
locations throughout the United States implementing, communicating
and coordinating Human Resource policies and programs. You will be
the first point of contact for all employee relations issues and
questions. You will also help drive improved business results
through employee engagement, by building positive relationships
with all levels of the organization at all locations to encourage
positive employee relations. This position will be based in our
Rancho Cucamonga, CA facility.
We offer a variety of benefits including health, life, dental,
and vision insurance, plus 401(k) matching, a vacation program, and
flexible work arrangements.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist employees in planning, development, implementation and
evaluation of programs, initiatives, services and/or
- Coordinate recruitment of hourly production and salaried
employees including: screening, interviewing, selection, and
placement of people, through direct hire or temporary agency means.
Assist regional human resources manager with recruitment,
succession and development planning to facilitate the hiring and
retention of robust, high potential employees.
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources
policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated
corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Identify potential employee-relations issues, conduct
investigations into claims of company-guideline violations.
- Facilitate front line leader training programs and other
training initiatives as needed.
- Train, help identify and coach managers on addressing
- Perform administrative duties associated with human resources
including the supporting of policy/handbook updates, maintaining
employee files and documents, reporting, auditing accuracy of
personnel data, coordinating progression increases, as well as
other daily tasks.
- Maintain legislative compliance, including EEO/Affirmative
Action Plans, update policies to law changes, etc.
- Use process-oriented thinking to understand, lead and implement
moderately sophisticated projects and see them through to
- Assist regional human resources to improve employee engagement
and ensure positive employee relations exist.
- Be a change agent - challenge old ways of doing business and
suggest and/or implement breakthrough improvements, while
motivating employees to accept process changes and take
- Identify project opportunities within site or across business
unit. Identify and remove organizational barriers to continuous
- Promote the use and application of six sigma/continuous
improvement tools as part of our culture.
- Proactively support a culture of safety.
- Drive continuous improvement in human resource efforts by
applying standard methodologies.
- Collaborate with other functional areas as needed, such as
working with site nurse transaction team, payroll, and benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3-5 years HR experience preferably in a manufacturing
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- High level of work capacity and ability to work at a high pace.
Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks and clients
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable on employment laws, HR procedures and
- Strong project leadership skills including organization skills
and time management
- Ability and passion to build relationships and work with
employees throughout the company.
- Strength in listening to clients, understanding business
concerns and taking action to solve problems
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to
discuss reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Avery Dennison Corporation, Rancho Cucamonga , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!