Position is responsible for operating a tractor-trailer with a
capacity of at least 26,000 GVW up to a maximum of 80,000 GVW, to
transport and deliver frozen, refrigerated, and dry goods in liquid
or packaged form. This position will be required to drive short
local trips in and around their home station terminal.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of
commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products
or materials, usually long distances.
• Maneuver truck into loading or unloading position, following
signals from loading crew/unloading crew as needed.
• Drive truck to weigh station before and after loading, and along
route to document weight and conform to federal/state or local
• Maintain driver log according to the FMCSA regulations.
• Inspect truck before, during and after trips and submits report
indicating truck conditions.
• Read bills of lading to determine assignment.
• Secure load with load securing devices on trailer during
• Load or unload, or assists in loading and unloading truck, if
• Obtain customer’s signature or collects payment for services.
• Inventory and inspect goods to be moved.
• Wrap goods using pads, packing paper, and containers, and secure
load to trailer wall using acceptable methods.
Experience, Abilities and Qualities Required:
• Class A CDL License required.
• 0-3 plus of reefer experience.
• 2 plus years of Class A experience.
• 0-3 years of LTL experience.
• Be detailed oriented, organized, and able to prioritize.
• Clear and concise communication skills required in writing and
• Must be 21 years old; to drive a commercial motor vehicle across
state lines (interstate); to drive commercial motor vehicle that
contains hazardous materials.
• Must be able to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DOT
• Must be able to work in a multi temperature warehouse, up to
Job Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Work performed in an office and multi temperature warehouse.
Exposure to warehouse environment such as noise, dust, odors, and
fumes. Occasionally required to lift to 50 lbs. Regularly required
to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
High School Diploma or Technical Certificate and 2 plus years of
relevant work-related experience. CDL license in good standing.
Minimal Travel between Kool Pak locations may be needed.
Shift start: 12:00PM
Shift length: 10 hours
Tuesday: Friday 12:00pm - Close Sunday: 10:00am -Close
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 21+ years old
About Kool Pak
As the Leaders in Worry-Free LTL Shipping®, we’ve been providing
exceptional refrigerated transportation and brokerage services
since 1968. We offer over three million cubic feet of frozen,
refrigerated and dry storage space at our five strategically