HEDIS Specialist 22-01560
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Data Retrieval Specialist (HEDIS)
Under the direction of the Manager, Data Quality, the Data
Retrieval Specialist is responsible for providing technical,
administrative, and clerical support for the year-round efforts to
collect medical records for key quality projects (i.e., HEDIS, Risk
Adjustment, DHCS special projects, ad hoc activities). Responsible
for supporting departmental activities including collaboration with
Providers for collection of medical records, data management,
research, data entry, quality control, report generation and
analysis, and adherence to established departmental workflows. The
Data Retrieval Specialist exercises independent judgment to ensure
appropriate escalation protocols when trends or deficiencies are
1. Manage the scheduling, retrieval, tracking, monitoring and
quality assurance of data collection requirements from physicians
for audits and internal processes supporting all HEDIS, Risk
Adjustment and Quality activities.
2. Technical aptitude to navigate various Electronic Medical
Records (EMR) systems in order to skillfully extract needed data
per specified project needs.
3. Establish relationships with Providers and staff to foster
ongoing collaboration for data collection efforts.
4. Serve as Team Lead to support all aspects of HEDIS Chart
Collection, including planning, preparation, hands-on training, and
ongoing project support for the HEDIS Task Force, HEDIS equipment
testing, Provider outreach, collection of assigned charts, quality
assurance and follow-up chart pursuit efforts.
5. Perform research, data entry and quality control on key data
sources following prescribed guidelines/protocols in support of
regulatory reporting requirements including: HEDIS, Risk Adjustment
and Quality activities.
6. Perform a broad range of administrative duties using initiative
and judgment in handling confidential and time sensitive
7. Provide backup support for Quality Systems Coordinators,
assisting with supplement data efforts including data collection,
data entry, research, quality assurance and reporting.
- Three or more (3+) years of administrative experience in an
office environment, including use of Microsoft Office Suite. One
year of experience in healthcare data collection from various
Electronic Medical Record systems. Demonstrate superior
interpersonal and administrative skills commensurate with years of
- Experience as an EMR technician preferred.
- Health Information Management (HIM) certification
- Yes, must have a valid California Driver's license and valid
automobile insurance. Must qualify and maintain driving record to
drive company vehicles based on insurance standards of no more than
three (3) points.
- temporary assignment for 3 months
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Rancho Cucamonga , HEDIS Specialist 22-01560, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!