Quality/ELS Site Lead
Company: Avery Dennison
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials
science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a
wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company's
products and solutions, which are used in nearly every major
industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and
graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for
industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and
embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification
(RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. The
company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50
countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at
At Avery Dennison, some of the great benefits we provide
- Health & Wellness benefits starting on day 1 of employment
- Paid parental leave
- 401K eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program eligibility / Health Advocate
- Paid vacation and Paid holidays Job Description
This individual will be a member of the ISO 9001 Quality and
continuous improvement team [Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) Team] at
the plant level. You will partner with the site leader, site team
and Division/DC, quality and ELS teams located throughout North
America. You will work to complete daily tactical quality tasks at
the site and work to track, trend quality and identify
opportunities at the site to improve processes that will achieve
and sustain ISO conformance, strategic goals, impact financial
results and add value to our customers.
- Lead efforts to meet site quality targets. Create and review
the quality metrics and work closely with the operation team to
understand the root cause of the quality issue.
- Review and analyze the site monthly quality complaints data,
report out to Division Quality leadership, review the progress on
short term and long term action.
- Provide Quality management system support to all site team
members. Lead document control actions through creating new work
instruction, site specific procedures and maintaining and updating
as required. Update the document training requirements and monitor
the employees' qualification. Manage the site document
- Collaborate to prepare site for Internal/External ISO audits.
Conduct gap analysis and plan to address if any nonconformity
arises. Sustain the results and review regularly.
- Support Raw material rejection process and file raw material
rejection, communicate and follow up with supplier to address any
raw material issue.
- Address corrective action/preventive action (CAPA) assigned to
the site. Understand the root cause and define preventive action in
place to eliminate the issue from occurring. Prepare corrective
action letters to customers.
- Deploy lean sigma systems, processes and tools to analyze
inefficiencies. Identify strategies and lead initiatives that
eliminate non-value added activities.
- Develop, improve and maintain an effective system of metrics,
scorecards, governance and reviews to assure strategies and
projects are aligned with business needs.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to drive value stream,
business process and asset level improvements.
- Identify and remove organizational barriers to continuous
- Build process discipline to sustain improvements.
- Identify and leverage best practice sharing across the
- Solicit voice of customer to evaluate and improve internal
business processes, including internal transactional and
- Improve existing problem solving capability and drive a
learning organization that is capable of creating, acquiring,
transferring and utilizing value added knowledge to meet and exceed
- Train, educate, and mentor others in the organization on
- Be a change agent - challenge old ways of doing business and
implement breakthrough improvements. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required. 3+ years of experience in quality
and improving business and manufacturing processes. Expertise in
the use of lean and six sigma tools (in a technical/ manufacturing
- Six Sigma Green belt highly preferred.
- Previous experience in leading teams required.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft
Office, Google platform and manufacturing/function-specific
- Possible travel up to 25%
- Position is onsite
The salary range for this position is $66,000 - $98,000 / year.
The hiring base salary range above represents what Avery Dennison
reasonably expects to pay for this position as of the date of this
posting. Actual salaries will vary within the range, and in some
circumstances may be above or below the range, based on various
factors including but not limited to a candidate's relevant skills,
experience, education and training, and location, as well as the
job scope and complexity, responsibilities, and regular and/or
necessary travel required for the position, which may change
depending on the candidate pool. Avery Dennison reserves the right
to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact (440)534-6000 or NA.TA.Operations@averydennison.com to
discuss reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Rancho Cucamonga , Quality/ELS Site Lead, Other , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!