Chargeback Analyst I
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: March 31, 2021
US-CA-Rancho CucamongaReq No. 2020-6769Category Business/Client
SupportType Full-TimeThe Opportunity
We are seeking a talented Chargeback Analyst I to be responsible
for processing cardholder related dispute claims for members of
CO-OP Financial Services credit unions. Primary duties include
processing Chargebacks, researching and resolving cardholder claims
of fraud and/or error while mitigating loss and maintaining a high
level of productivity and accuracy.
Position serves as an in-house resource on debit and credit card
operating rules and regulations with relation to Chargeback,
Arbitration, Compliance and other dispute resolution methods for
Visa and MasterCard. Serves as primary contact and provides
advisory support to credit union clients while maintaining the
highest level of quality customer care.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Analyze and understand Visa and MasterCard rules and
regulations related to debit and credit card transaction disputes.
Interpret changes to dispute resolution rules as mandated by card
- Assess cardholder dispute information and documentation
received and makes independent decisions for appropriate action to
be taken within regulatory and procedural guidelines.
- Service inbound/outbound cardholder calls related to dispute
claims received for processing.
- Generate cardholder correspondence in accordance with
regulatory and network guidelines.
- Process Visa and MasterCard Chargebacks and Representments
accurately and efficiently.
- Create timely and accurate notifications of case processing
actions to credit union clients.
- Manage dispute claims through entire dispute cycle; from the
initial client/cardholder notification until final resolution.
Maintain accurate and properly documented dispute files while
ensuring required timeframes are being met.
- Under the guidance of a Dispute Resolution Analyst II, process
Arbitration and Compliance cases sent to Visa and MasterCard.
- Manage assigned credit union client relationship, keeping them
apprised of claim status and provide dispute resolution
recommendations within Visa and MasterCard regulations. Be able to
effectively convey outcomes while providing the utmost in customer
- Provide support to credit union clients with in-house
Chargeback processing programs on use of system tools and
- Enter fraud transaction data in dispute case management system
for Plastic Card Claims Automation program with CUNA Mutual.
- Must react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
- Regular attendance and punctuality as a full time employee in
order to daily exercise all of the essential functions.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one
to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Excellent communication, keyboarding and problem solving skills
needed with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written and oral
form and solve problems independently and with a sense of
- Competence required in Microsoft Windows Word and Excel, has a
good understanding of Windows and Windows based software.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI131408999
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga , Chargeback Analyst I, Professions , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!