Plant Controller - RTS
Company: Sunkist Growers Inc
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: April 6, 2021
As part of Sunkist Growers, Inc. (Sunkist), this position is
responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the overall
management of all accounting activities at the Sunkist
Research/Technical Services (RTS) manufacturing facility. This
position provides essential support in developing new and existing
operational initiatives to drive gross margin expansion and revenue
growth across all revenue streams and product lines. This is a
highly visible role that requires all assignments/tasks to be
completed timely and accurately. This position is expected to
communicate clearly and effectively with the Plant GM and the
executive management team. This individual will report to the
corporate controller with a dotted line to the RTS General Manager.
Day to day this position will ensure completeness, accuracy, and
timeliness of accounting records, as well as adherence established
company policies and procedures. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for all plant accounting including invoicing,
accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger,
inventory/cost accounting and revenue recognition for all
- Analyze, prepare and provide guidance of operational data to
department management who require accurate financial data to make
informed business decisions. This includes but is not limited to
product costing, quoting and budgeting.
- Analyze and collect data to determine the all costs associated
with business activities including raw material purchases,
inventory, distribution and labor (material, labor and
- Review and analyze sales price, margin and profits for all
product lines as needed or requested by GM or department
- Review any accounting or finance related issues with GM and
plant department management.
- Assist GM, Sales and Engineering when reviewing proposed or
actual changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing
methods or transportation services provided, to determine net
effect on project cost, margin and revenue.
- Record, track and analyze cost information for use in
controlling expenditures. Provide estimates of new and proposed
product costs, and prepare cost estimates of new or special
products and establishing selling prices and production
- Work with sales and operations departments regarding on hand
inventory requirements, review of purchase orders, and receipt of
material, as well as problem solving with slow moving
- Reviews and approves the annual change to unit standard
- Prepare and review the annual budget and projections for all
departments manufacturing facility. Submit to General Manager for
- Support the monthly accounting general ledger close process in
close coordination with plant cost accountant. Work with Corporate
Controller and the larger accounting department as required to
ensure timely close.
- Prepares and reviews with plant management critical analysis of
plant financial data, including but not limited to: actual to
budget/projection variances, actual to standard cost variances and
production and inventory variances.
- Assists with the year-end financial audit and periodic internal
audits through preparation of schedules and documents as requested
by internal and external audit teams.
- Assists with strategic planning and provides financial reports,
data and support to GM and corporate finance department as
- Monitor and enforce internal finance policies and procedures.
Provide feedback to department management on any issues and
suggestions for improvement.
- Provide guidance to plant personnel in all financial related
matters and operational decisions as needed.
- Stays current with developments, practice trends and
regulations as it relates to finance and the industry.
- Performs other duties and projects as required or
Keywords: Sunkist Growers Inc, Rancho Cucamonga , Plant Controller - RTS, Professions , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!