Company: American Medical Response
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the
world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We
are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. - Job
The Dispatcher functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator
and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively
managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various
sources. The Dispatcher will offer pre-arrival instructions as
* Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency
Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical
Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of
* Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by
application of appropriate decision-making rules and approved
* Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of
paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of
* Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift.
This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
* Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for
* Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the safest,
fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
* Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency
* Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies,
procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
* Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests for
* Responsible for knowledge and use of equipment, including but not
limited to the computer, printers, 911 equipment, recording
devices, telephones, and other equipment as assigned by
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have minimal medical training or telecommunications
experience or, have at least one year's experience as an EMS or
public safety dispatcher.
* Skilled in reading and writing English.
* Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone.
* Ability to record, transmit, and report information
* Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to
efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
* Ability to understand basic computer applications.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be
required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either
vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
Keywords: American Medical Response, Rancho Cucamonga , Fairplex Dispatcher, Professions , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!